Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I would classify them as Alternative (or Southern Rock)

Matchbox Twenty Roooooooooock! They manage to take G,C and D and make it sound fresh everytime.

They can go from sloooooow acoustic (Hang) to Rock Rock Rock (Disease) and everywhere in between! Any MB20 fans out there?
yeah they're not really southern or indie.
they're pretty 'alternative' i guess.
i like them pretty good though.
Ohh, be nice.

But anyway. I liked them in fifth grade. And you'll probably want to take this to the Modern Rock forum.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Thanks K-lizzle, I always defined them as Alternative, so I thought this was the place for this, but clearly not :S
i'm not crazy, i'm just a little unwell.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
insane clown posse are more alternative than them.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I'm surprised that no one really enjoys this band. I hadn't listened to them since I was in fourth grade (apart from their new single, which I hope doesn't reflect their new album), but the other day I heard the introduction to Bent. Suddenly, I felt an urge to listen to them again.

I've been listening to the album Mad Season, the only one I own by Matchbox 20, the past two days.

To be honest, despite the fact the group is (or, at least, was) fairly mainstream doesn't detract from the fact that they're actually a fairly enjoyable band.

I don't understand all of the negativity towards the band in this thread. Anyone care to explain?

Also, how is the new album? Personally, I find their new single to be a far departure from their work on Mad Season. Does the rest of the album have a similar feel?
I feel bad that everyone hates them, I find them really good to listen to. They definitely have some good songs.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I only have their first album, but it's pretty cool.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
the album Yourself, or Someone Like You is a good album.

Another good one is More Than You Think You Are.

I've loved this band since i was like 10, and i still like them a lot and every song off of those two albums.

CHECK EM OUT!
^
Dude... 'Nuff of that elitist crap. This thread has been left here this long, so my guess is that it's probably not going to be moved...
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^ Indeed.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic