If my guitarist was using a Line 6 HD150 Head and a Spider III 4x12 cab, which together are 150 watts (75 stereo), would I be heard well if I played a:

Fender Bassman 250/115 Combo (250 watts)

or

Fender Rumble 100 Combo (100 watts)

Sorry if I sound like a bass noob, I just want to make sure I get right amp for the job.

Thanks.
a lot better with the 250 watt than the 100. not to mention Bassmans sound better.
try and see if you can get more wattage though. if there is one truth to music, it's that the guitarists don't wanna turn down for anybody.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Typically, how many more watts do they need compared to the guitarist?
Generally at least 3 times the wattage of the guitarist. More if they have a cranked all tube amp. Bassists generally need clean headroom. They can't push their amps like a guitarist can.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Generally at least 3 times the wattage of the guitarist.

Dang. This is gonna cost me an arm and a leg...haha. Would a 300 watt amp be good enough? (double the guitarist)
Quote by PedRoFTWkiddies
if he doesnt have is amp cranked itll do decently.

Alright, that's good to know. Me and my guitarists are great friends, and he tells me how important I am to the group. (we're only made up of three people)
keep him at about 2.
let him go to 3 for solos if he's being nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You could probably get by on less, seeing as the Line 6 isn't well known for it's overdrive, even for a solid state. Therefore, the guitarist is unlikely to crank the amp, so you can get by with a little less power.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
if he is craking his amp then you need lots of watts to be heard
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400