Page 1 of 2
I'm thinking about buying a switchblade, because, well I don't know why, cause I want to. But I was wondering, how much would a switchblade cost? and do I have to be 18 to buy a knife?

also any recommendations as far as brands and what not go? I know nothing about knives.
Switchblades are illegal in the usa, if I remember.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
they are legal i'm pretty sure and yes you have to be 18.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
18 to buy a knife in the USA. Must be no longer than 6" or something like that. Any tool that opens with two exposed blades (a switchblade) is illegal. There are some blades that are longer for hunting and so forth.

Get it for a purpose that is practical, like teaching the high school bully a lesson. Not to show off to your friends.
what are you using it for?

if it's protection remember most people get their weapons used on them. you dont want to buy a switchblade for some thug/chav to stab you with do you?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Buy a machete you girl
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
depends where you go in thr uS. I'm sixteen, have 109 knives and bought half of them, some as young as 12 from places like bass pro
Quote by tjfishrocker
depends where you go in thr uS. I'm sixteen, have 109 knives and bought half of them, some as young as 12 from places like bass pro

And you need this many knives because.....
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Switchblades are illgeal to conseal, which means illgeal to have on your body without a big neon sign over you head that says I have a switchblade back off bitch but u can get them at flea markets for like 10 dollars, make sure you get one with a safety catch so it wont open in your pocket....but its not suppose to be there anyway so....
We sell them at K-Mart where I live, although we have to be 18. there fun to play with
LET FREEDOM RING WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST!
Last edited by DamageMachine at May 12, 2008,
Quote by dogismycopilot
18 to buy a knife in the USA. Must be no longer than 6" or something like that. Any tool that opens with two exposed blades (a switchblade) is illegal. There are some blades that are longer for hunting and so forth.

Get it for a purpose that is practical, like teaching the high school bully a lesson. Not to show off to your friends.

haha welll considering it's illegal, I'm not going to be whipping it out all the time, I may be 16 but I'm not completely retarded. It would be useful though, because I'm a skinny little ****, people tend to **** with me.

and as I said before, I just like switchblades, forgive me for liking something with no purpose. I am 16, I need no ****ing purpose.

But anyways, I thought switchblades were just illegal to carry, not to own...guess not.

EDIT: now I ask yet another question, why the **** am I asking UG?
Last edited by FreeManson15 at May 12, 2008,
Switchblades are illegal. You can still get a blade no longer than about 4 inches, it just cant "switch".
Wouldn't recommend getting one to take to school though...

I have a Gerber blade, its pretty good I guess,very solid but I cant really compare it to any other knife.
When I was in Costa Rica with the school kids, one of my friends bought a good switchblade for the equivilent of around $12 USD at an open market. He put it in his checked luggage and made it through customs back to Chicago.
One of the group leaders bought some Cuban cigars at the same place and smuggled them through customs in a metal box.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I think they are illegal but I bought one in some store while on vacation in Florida. It was owned by a bunch of Eastern European gangsters. They sold like harpoons and ****. There are tons of stores like that in Florida I think.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Duh.

Being a bald man is not a valid reason. Im sorry.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by therealtater
Switchblades are illgeal to conseal, which means illgeal to have on your body without a big neon sign over you head that says I have a switchblade back off bitch but u can get them at flea markets for like 10 dollars, make sure you get one with a safety catch so it wont open in your pocket....but its not suppose to be there anyway so....

In the US it varies greatly state by state, in some states they are completely illegal or only legal for collectors, in some states they are legal to own but not conceal and in some states you can conceal them with with a concealed carry license.

Switchblades suck, get a butterfly knife, much more reliable.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You know far too little.

No. I know what i need to, Whilst everyone was watching Lost i was busy having a life. No offence.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by tjfishrocker

Pics or it didn't happen.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Being a bald man is not a valid reason. Im sorry.

You and your limited knowledge, GTFO NAO!

In Pennsylvania, you can buy bongs, knives and fireworks all at the same table at this one flea market I go to. Lol.
Once you buy the switchblade, be sure and watch The Outsiders in order to learn how to use one properly.
Depends on where you live.

If you just wanna buy a knife...just go into a store. If they won't sell you one, it's obviously illegal to buy. If they will, it's not.

And carrying an automatic knife for self defense as a kid is retarded.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
Depends on where you live.

If you just wanna buy a knife...just go into a store. If they won't sell you one, it's obviously illegal to buy. If they will, it's not.

And carrying an automatic knife for self defense as a kid is retarded.

I'm not, I just like switchblades, I probably won't even carry it on me. I just talked to my parents and their actually chill with it as long as I don't carry it around with me. I probably should mention I already own many knives of different types, I've just never tried to purchase one on my own.
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
Once you buy the switchblade, be sure and watch The Outsiders in order to learn how to use one properly.

Ya, that ended just fine for Johnny.
The mist is what's pretty you know, the gold and silver?

...too bad it can't stay that way forever...
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
I have one and I'm 15. I got a good one and it was only 20 bucks. Keep in mind they are illegal though so be careful where and when you carry it, if ever.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
In the US it varies greatly state by state, in some states they are completely illegal or only legal for collectors, in some states they are legal to own but not conceal and in some states you can conceal them with with a concealed carry license.

Switchblades suck, get a butterfly knife, much more reliable.

As far as the Law is concerned, butterfly knife = switchblade, they are the same thing as far as police, court etc. is concerned.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Brandon860
The mist is what's pretty you know, the gold and silver?

...too bad it can't stay that way forever...

If you're reffering to what I think you are then that is the last Outsiders reference I will allow.
Page 1 of 2