For those familiar with this kind of thing, I was hoping you could help me.

I have utorrent, and I really need to forward my port. Despite going to portforward.com, I haven't been able to do this. If you have any tips they would be very appreciated. I'm using a ZyXEL 660 router.

(For those that have no idea what I am talking about, disregard this )
This may sound retarded (it was the problem I had for about 6 months) but are you forwarding the port to the right IP address?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I'll try my best to help out. I have no idea how a ZyXEL router works, but first, just to make sure. You DO have admin access to the router, right? Otherwise, you'll get nowhere.
Yep I'm pretty sure. I need to find a trustworthy person I can get to forward it for me.

EDIT: To Identityxcrysis, yes I have the admin access. I think I'm messing up when I try to set up a static ip.
Last edited by shredder2be93 at May 12, 2008,
You shouldn't have to do anything with that. Look for an option that says port forwarding, or something like Applications and Gaming. Or send me a screenie of the menu?
Also, do you know how to get the IP address of your computer, 'cos you'll probably need that too.
Yes I know how to get my ip address. Here is a screenshot:
Last edited by shredder2be93 at May 12, 2008,
Ah, what I needs is a screen shot of the router firmware, so I can possibly help tell you what menus to go through?

But basically there should just be a port forwarding menu, and all you need to do is put in the port utorrent uses (make sure you have the randomize port checkbox unchecked) and then put in your IP address.

EDIT: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/Prestige600/Utorrent.htm

That should help!
Nope not so far. : / I'm getting pretty frustrated. Oh well. If I was to give my ip address to somebody so they could set it up for me, what is the worst they could do? Is my ip address very important as far as safety?
Giving someone your IP address isn't really going to help them/you. The best way to do that is with some sort of remote desktop sharing.

And yea, your IP address is ridiculously important to safety. It's really helpful in hacking and DoS/DDoS.