i just started spray painting my new guitar that im making. but i have a few problems. The first one is that the holes drilled for the neck are starting to disappear. Im not sure whether to drill the holes now, or if i can wait until im done. I still have 2 more colors to add. Also, theres a few spots on it where the paint is starting to build up and form clots. I think those will go away after i wetsand when it dries, but i dont want them to stay like that. Any suggestions of what i could do?
Quote by Guitarrox14
i just started spray painting my new guitar that im making. but i have a few problems. The first one is that the holes drilled for the neck are starting to disappear. Im not sure whether to drill the holes now, or if i can wait until im done. I still have 2 more colors to add. Also, theres a few spots on it where the paint is starting to build up and form clots. I think those will go away after i wetsand when it dries, but i dont want them to stay like that. Any suggestions of what i could do?

Don't sand them now; instead, cover them with tape (which you should have done in the first place ... oh well) and spray the rest. Once, you're done finishing, sand off the paint in the neck pocket.

You're spraying too close and/or staying in the same spot too long. Try it at least 8" to 12" away ... mist, don't rush.

so i just tape the spots, and then when im done i just take the take off and it will be gone?
As Ippon said, you should mask off the neck pocket and remove any paint that's in it when done, or it will either make it difficult to put the neck back in (risking chipping the paintwork) or it could raise the neck up slightly, resulting in fret buzz or a slightly angled neck. I wouldn't worry about the screwholes though. A buildup of paint is no match for steel screws

And can't really beat what Ippon said about the buildups. Leave enough drying time between coats and remember that lots of thin coats are better than a few heavy ones.

Peace and good night!
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Ok now i just found out that the body i bought didn't have the holes drilled for the strap buttons. Is it too late to drill these if i already started painting? Im going to paint over the holes with different colors later.
wait, you can use spraypaint for guitars? :O i thought you had to put primer and all that garbage
Quote by Guitarrox14
Ok now i just found out that the body i bought didn't have the holes drilled for the strap buttons. Is it too late to drill these if i already started painting? Im going to paint over the holes with different colors later.
You can do it after finishing.
Quote by venom0014
wait, you can use spraypaint for guitars? :O i thought you had to put primer and all that garbage
Yea, primer/sealer, colorcoat, then clearcoat. Acrylic and Nitro are available in spraycans.