So I decided to get a 7 string, and I didnt want to get the Korn one (neck was lacquered and fretboard was rough, i like to play fast) nor did i want a half-assed one that was the Ibanez mid-range one. So it came down to
Ibanez Universe
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=UV777
Or Schecter
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp
also Schecter
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

The only reason why Im considering schecter is cause the uv paintjob is meh in my honest opinion, and also heard that the mirror plate gets dirty quick, but mainly its cause compared to the VWH its kinda ugly. So, Any Ideas?
P.S. If you know of any other good 7 strings, feel free to share.
P.P.S. Only for people who know for sure; if anybody knows how much dough it would take to VWH (Paint it white + gold +etc) the UV, please do tell.
Look, for one thing, your links to schecter only send you to the index. Second of all, the schecter 7 strings are actaully, IMHO, superior to the ibanez. You might want to try the Jeff Loomis Signature model.
if ur goin to spend that much why dont just have a custom on build by ibanez or something
Quote by 11millerz
if ur goin to spend that much why dont just have a custom on build by ibanez or something

lol they dont do that, at least not to my knowledge. Only esp and some other companies, and that takes up to a year and has limited options as it is. Sorry for the links, its the Loomis 7 FR and the Hellraiser C 7
Quote by 11millerz

Unless the OP is endorsed by Ibanez (I assume they aren't), that's not going to happen. The LACS (L.A. Custom Shop) is only open to endorsees.

And my Schecter Jeff Loomis sig is awesome... So my vote goes to that. Ash is awesome
Quote by HellRaiser620
Look, for one thing, your links to schecter only send you to the index. Second of all, the schecter 7 strings are actaully, IMHO, superior to the ibanez. You might want to try the Jeff Loomis Signature model.

Well, no offense, schecters do look awesome, but i think ibanez's are the best guitars on the planet, i mean they invented a floating bridge that stays put after a string breaks. And I wouldnt mind the loomis one, only the maple (thats the white wood right?) throws me a bit off, i like my guitars monotone.
well id say if your gunna want a nice guitar just go get an esp custom, they will make any body you ask and you cna customize to a very heavy extent
Quote by F8iscruel
well id say if your gunna want a nice guitar just go get an esp custom, they will make any body you ask and you cna customize to a very heavy extent

thats actually a great idea, cause i saw a strat model they "vai"d, so i reckon they could do a 7 string as well, cheers.
Quote by STorpedo
Well, no offense, schecters do look awesome, but i think ibanez's are the best guitars on the planet, i mean they invented a floating bridge that stays put after a string breaks. And I wouldnt mind the loomis one, only the maple (thats the white wood right?) throws me a bit off, i like my guitars monotone.

Well, I've played it a few times in Guitar Center, and it plays better than most 7 strings. Plus, it has an unfinished neck, which is always a plus when playing fast.
The Jeff Loomis one right? Well I guess ill have to go find a store that has it (or the uv as well) and look for myself, it does look like a nice guitar, just made a concious decision to go 7 strings to continue my theory training, and always looked up to vai as the best guitar player, but yah anyways, thanks 4 all the input, at least i narrowed it down to 2