Does someone want to tell me what is up with the Aquabats? I know that they are supposed to be superheroes but when i look them up I can only find their real names.
I just want to know the whole supposed background thing.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
You mean their back story? Just listen to "Theme Song".
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
According to the most consistent elements of the band's mythology, the original 8 (or 9) members lived on a distant and idyllic island known as "Aquabania," populated by humanlike bat creatures. The island was attacked by the villain Space Monster "M" and 8 (or 9) of its inhabitants fled to the ocean in a hollowed-out log. They washed ashore in California, where they were taken in by Professor Monty Corndog, who used chemicals to revive them and give them super powers. They donned costumes including "radioactive rash guards," "power belts," and "anti-negativity helmets" and decided to channel their powers through music in order to "take over the world" by attracting legions of fans. This would then allow them to combat Space Monster "M" and retake their homeland.

damn i love the aquabats
Quote by FuzzyBear
According to the most consistent elements of the band's mythology, the original 8 (or 9) members lived on a distant and idyllic island known as "Aquabania," populated by humanlike bat creatures. The island was attacked by the villain Space Monster "M" and 8 (or 9) of its inhabitants fled to the ocean in a hollowed-out log. They washed ashore in California, where they were taken in by Professor Monty Corndog, who used chemicals to revive them and give them super powers. They donned costumes including "radioactive rash guards," "power belts," and "anti-negativity helmets" and decided to channel their powers through music in order to "take over the world" by attracting legions of fans. This would then allow them to combat Space Monster "M" and retake their homeland.

damn i love the aquabats

What a gangster story.
Look at me, look at me, I'm a winner, you're a winner!

Can't wait for their new show.

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Monday: Hot dogs
Tuesday: Taco
Wednesday: Hamburgers and chocolate milk
Thursday: Sloppy joes and burritos in a bag.
Friday was Pizza Day, the best day of the week.
It always came with salad and a side of cold green beans.
i love Yo gabba gabba
i blew a week in florida watching it.
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
Quote by Manos15
Do you mean Yo Gabba Gabba ?

Nope, on their site they said they've finished recording their first show. Did anyone catch their older ones on youtube, they're ace!
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by original=punk
Monday: Hot dogs
Tuesday: Taco
Wednesday: Hamburgers and chocolate milk
Thursday: Sloppy joes and burritos in a bag.
Friday was Pizza Day, the best day of the week.
It always came with salad and a side of cold green beans.

Basically, That song got me into the Aquabats and ska in general.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
One of my all time favorite bands.

I've been into them for the past three years or so, but got REALLY into them (as in exploring their discography) about a year and a half ago.

"Magic Chicken!" was my first song, which my friend let me hear. I thought it was so dumb at first, but still loved it for being so funny.

This band is just so great. They're so fun, and so energetic. Plus, almost all of their songs have that anthemic quality, making them fun with friends to sing along to.

I'd love to see them live.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm looking forward to seeing them this fall!
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
they're pretty epic, well...used to be. I hate the new stuff with the synth. It's lame.

Fury of the Aquabats ftw!
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
they're pretty epic, well...used to be. I hate the new stuff with the synth. It's lame.

I kinda agree with ya there! I preferred it when they had the full horn section, not just that one dude...
Quote by l3p4rd

Fury of the Aquabats ftw!

Quote by treefiddey

yano.

Synths are lame, deal with it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
yano.

Synths are lame, deal with it.

Synths are amazing, IMO. Any kind of electronic equipment can make any kind of music better.

Any.

Just my opinion, though.

And, yeah, sure, I like the older horn material, but "Charge!!" is still amazing, and just as fun and energetic as their old material. "Look at Me (I'm a Winner)!", "Nerd Alert!", "Tiger Rider vs. the Time Sprinkler!", "Waterslides", and "Awesome Forces" are some of the best songs ever.

Saxo-Walrus

awesome band period
miss the ska sound though with the trumpets and whatnot
still good band though im excited about the Aquabats Super Show
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by FuzzyBear
i think waterslides is possibly one of their best songs, kind of shows a more mature side to them (kind of)

+1

It's my #2 most listened to track by them, right behind "Awesome Forces!"

There's just something so amazing about Waterslides!, also. Sure, it still has the humor, and the fun, but like you said, it's more of a serious song.

Kind of.

Saxo-Walrus

They played last night my drummer went but I couldn't go cuz I was broke and broke up with my girlfriend n drama n started drinking at 2 n got drunk by 4 n went back out at night n fucked some fat bitches I don't know don't ask me.
Quote by FuzzyBear
probably because you didnt take her to see the aquabats, if you did she would have seen how super cool you were

ya how could she not love you during lovers of loving love
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.