I'm thinking about replacing the humbucker pickup on my Fernandez dragonfly, but the pickup is wired into a circuit board that is for the sustainer pickup. Is it still ok to replace the normal way? Also I have no idea if it is an active pickup, and if I need to replace it with one, there is a 9v battery but i'm not sure if its only for the sustainer part.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
don't replace the neck pickup. That is your driver pickup. with out that the sustainer kit will not work!
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by funguy
don't replace the neck pickup. That is your driver pickup. with out that the sustainer kit will not work!

I know that, I want to replace the humbucker at the bridge, not the sustainer single coil at the neck. The humbucker doesn't have anything to do with the sustainer but is still wired into its circuit board for some reason.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
id say just replace the humbucker how it is wired up now.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
yeah the pickup still goes through the board so it knows when to vibrate the driver. as someone said wire the pickup the same.

soz miss read message. I thought it was a HB driver. might be worth adding pic link just incase. I've nenver seen a dragonfly before.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
You can change the humbucker in the bridge no problem.
It's wired to the circuit-board because when you switch the sustainer kit on it's switches the bridge on constantly so you can't use the neck whilst the sustainer is on.

Unless you make a mod to blend in a mid-pickup with it also.

Edit:

The battery is for the Sustainer Neck Pickup & the Circuit Board only.
It need's the power to send the magnetic vibrations from the neck for the bridge to pick-up.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do