So I'm selling my MG, Spider 3 and my old squier. I have a nice fender case for my squier and obviously I won't need it anymore. You think GC will take it too?
Probably, I'd sell your stuff on craigslist or ebay though. GC will barely give you anything.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by zhunt1130
wouldn't they give me more money if I was buying my amp from there?

Not really no. They wanna make huge profits. So they give you ****ty deals on your stuff and then make you pay for the amp you are gonna buy. Then they have your cash and they will sell your stuff for a higher price.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Not really no. They wanna make huge profits. So they give you ****ty deals on your stuff and then make you pay for the amp you are gonna buy. Then they have your cash and they will sell your stuff for a higher price.

Yea makes sense. What about a local shop, do you think I could get more at a smaller non-corporate place?
chances are you will get even less than that. I asked my local store about my line6 spider III, they offered me 20 dollars for it. But on Ebay and Craigslist the spiders are going for 99+
The music store has to make money to. If your local place gives you 99+ how are they going to mark it up any. And face not many want a used spider or MG anyways. And a new guitar case is 50 bucks how much you expect to get for a used one. Its not like your selling vintage stuff or high dollar equipment.
the case was actually almost 150 when I got(it's REALLY nice) it but you're right about the other stuff. Hence why I'm getting rid of it, the reason I thought about the local store was that I noticed they had one of each MG except the one I have. I don't expect to get much for the Spider, I just figured if I'm not using it anymore, might as well sell it.