Page 1 of 2
I used to be in a 3 piece instrumental band and things were good, but one day our drummer kinda lost interest and left. So I got this kid whose older brother I know to play drums and hes alright. But his older brother kinda squeezed his way into our project because hes always around when we practice and really wants to be in a band. The kid is really nice but annoying as **** and I want him out but I still need his little brother to play drums. Ideas?
Tits Or Gtfo!
██████████████████████████████
Just say sorry mate, you're out, if their not a wanker they should reply with something along the lines of "ok, no worries" it's happened to me and I've done it to people, it's better than ****ing about
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
With your foot.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Will his brother leave if you kick the kid out? If yes your F^cked, if no then just tell him that you would rather not have him in the band. But what are the instruments being played? Do both brothers play drums? If so get the better drummer.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
With a running start, for maximum distance and pain.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
"Say, lets play a game of snap. Loser gets kicked out of the band"
Win-win situation; even if you get kicked out you can just reform with the other guy.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
That's not even a Falcon Kick ..

It's what came up on Google.

I'm too lazy to dig through more than one page.
this could be me, where do you live?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by mosh_face

E-drama FTW
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
i mean to say if its me i will stop hanging around when you jam, ottawa ontario?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Explain to him that he has to leave, and that his brother is very talented and not taking anything from him,b ut he is not needed at this time. If he plays the drums too. call him a back-up drummer and he need not be at every session (gig/practice). When needed he may be called, until then we need on the players we currently have and the band only consists of 3 members and only three memebers need to practice together to ensure cohesiveness. Any variation may disrupt the sound you are trying to produce.

If this fails FALCON KICK w/running start for distance as someone put it.
Seriously, just ask him to please leave, we only need 3 now, but be nice about it.
Quote by mosh_face

*Studio Audience: Oooooooohhh!*
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Tell him, and I quote: "Hey kid, I'm kicking you out of my band". Problem solved.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
GTFO my band. Hello Kitty need a new bandmate.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Upon further reflection and soul-searching, I think I may pursue the falcon kick. But before the kid is shot into a merciless fiery oblivion I suppose I'm just going to have to talk it out with him. The dude I want out plays rhythm guitar sorta, really I just play out the entire song and he just throws in little riffs here like up and down a scale every few measures. The job is very expendable though, and this sadly is not taking place in Canada.
Quote by apm505
Upon further reflection and soul-searching, I think I may pursue the falcon kick. But before the kid is shot into a merciless fiery oblivion I suppose I'm just going to have to talk it out with him. The dude I want out plays rhythm guitar sorta, really I just play out the entire song and he just throws in little riffs here like up and down a scale every few measures. The job is very expendable though, and this sadly is not taking place in Canada.

Blast!
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
TS, you have no idea, but I was put in the exact same situation, it was my drummer and his older brother was supposedly the bassist. Here is how it went down and how you should learn to take these matters honestly and professionally.

We sat down with him and we just told him there is a number of differences with many aspects; mentality, future direction, chemistry, and specially CHEMISTRY if there is no chemistry between just any 2 members you are going to compromise the entire band. So unfortunately we just feel that we wont be able to reach our true potential unless there is this chemistry between every single member and it just doesn't exist right now and we hope you understand the situation and not take it personally.

Talk to his little brother first and share your thoughts on the matter and convince him first then go on with the confrontation.

Good Luck.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by FireandFlames
It's what came up on Google.

I'm too lazy to dig through more than one page.

Oh my god man! Guys like you make me sick!

Ehm, may I ask. In the title it says Kid, how old is the mofo?
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Or a band called Brain-something or whatever the hell their old bassists band is.

Echobrain

But they are awesome.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Be honest.
Sit them down and explain what you want (or don't want) and the reasons why. Tell the younger brother that you understand he might want to leave too in this situation and that's his decision but he is welcome to stay as that's what you want.
Then let them decide.

When it comes to this sort of thing you really shouldn't mess around. Be respectful but straight to the point; it's better for all parties.
A quick Stone Cold Stunner. Followed by beer.

But really, just tell him the band are splitting up, then carry on without him. Worked for Status Quo, and years later, me...
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Plant crack on him then find it and say you won't tolerate that in your band.
Just whip it out.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Page 1 of 2