ya, i've decided that once i get my lisence im going to drive the 2 hours back to my hometown and see my old house.

the thing is, i really want to, but there is a part of me that doesn't want to. i don't want to see how somebody else has messed up* the place where i spent the first 13 years of my life. i want to keep the memories that i have, and not of how somebody else changed it. then again, i want to see what's happened to it, how it's holding up, etc.

i have very mixed up emotions right now.
i know that seeing the old house will probably tear me to pieces, and result in tears, but i still want to go.

does anybody else have any i-visited-my-old-house stories to share?

*in my mind, changing anything counts as 'messing it up.'
The people who are now in the house that I spent 90% of my childhood living in have changed the colour of the door and stripped the entire front of the house off, down to the brickwork.

But then, it's theirs to do with what they like now.
My old house is about 8 miles from where I live today. Those bastards cut my orange tree, plucked out all the grass, painted the house a different color, and took down the fence that I used to think was haunted.

that's the kind of thing i'm talking about, smb.

i mean, if i see they've done something like tear down my old wooden fort, i'll just break down.
Yeah. The house I spent birth through third grade in was great for a kid. It had this really cool backyard that had hills, a creek and other fun things I loved to get into. Well, some trashy people ended up moving in (I'm not sure when) and they destroyed it. They clearly never do any work in the yard and it is a mess.

I feel your pain man.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I visited my old house...
I used to live in a huge house until I was thirteen, that my dad got to live in as part of his job as a teacher at a posh private school. Then my parents split up and we moved to somewhere tiny.
I took a walk past the old house a few years ago and the school had bulldozed our garden to make way for a new boarding house. I remember living there when the plans were announced to build it and the surveyors put in all these wooden posts where they wanted the new foundations to go, and me and my little brother would go round pulling them up out of their holes and hiding them in the woodshed because we didn't want to have to leave. Oh and they took down our treehouse
I've always regretted visiting my old house. Made me depressed for ages. Wish the folks had never sold it.

Sometimes one shouldn't go back, or look back, to the past.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there." Opening sentence of The Go-Between - L.P.Hartley
My old house is about 8 miles away and I used to live in a blue twin house. They painted our half yellow... so now it looks like a blue and yellow house. My neighbors were probably pissed.
They put a whole new ****ing trailer in after demolishing where I lived for 9 years. I go back because I have friends who live in the same trailer park. The trailer they moved in is now gone though. The yard remained very unchanged, the only thing I notice when I go back is that the little pit where I use to play with dinkeys has grown in with grass. Everything looked sooo much bigger back then...Sentimentality ftmfw.
I went back to the apartment complex where I spent the first ten years of my life. Man, that reminiscent smell. It was such a weird experience. Not like out of body, but definitely triggered so many stupid emotions and senses. Like I literally saw my brothers and I playing soccer at the same place where there was now a"no walking on grass sign".

Do it, I love reminiscent things though.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I lived in the same house since I was 14, moved across the country and I haven't been back since (I'm now 17). I might fly down there this summer to visit some friends though and if I do I'll definitely stop by there. Good luck.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
yea, its sad stuff..

but it opens your eyes.

v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I think everybody has to do this if they've ever moved from a place where they grew up their whole lives. In fact, one should do it mul;tiple times. This threads has inspired me to go back to mine once again.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.