i have 2 questions that i hope can get answered..

okay im sort of new to learning about amps.. what is the difference between Solid State, Tube A, and Tube AB1. when would i use each one?

and what does low-res do? its in the master section of knobs if you know what i mean, thanks :P
the low-res is just a universal "low" EQ setting. its for playing metal type stuff i believe. solid-state is crappy, tube A is for when you crank it up and get that tube-goodness, tube ab is for tube-goodness at low volumes, but stresses your tubes more. i think.
The rectifier settings have to do with how tight the sound is (mostly the bass). Solid state offers the tighest sound while Class A is looser and AB is between the two. It's very subtle but just mess with it and find something you like.
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
Quote by LP Addict
the low-res is just a universal "low" EQ setting. its for playing metal type stuff i believe. solid-state is crappy, tube A is for when you crank it up and get that tube-goodness, tube ab is for tube-goodness at low volumes, but stresses your tubes more. i think.

Not quite....

The solid state rectifier setting isn't bad at all on this amp..., typically provides the tightest sound overall...

Class A(which usually doesn't really mean class A anymore) stresses the tubes more, and is the spongiest of the options... It provides the most organic sound out of this amp...

Class A/B is push/pull..... Much more efficient on the tubes, less spongy, tighter than class A, and a tad more gain out of this particular amp...

Note that Class A and Class AB aren't going to be very noticeably different though....

I recomend operating on Class AB, if anything to extend tube life as it's really not that different sounding than Class A.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
hey i see you have the same amp as me, what is a good settings for just like hard rock (not hardcore, i got something good for 2nd gain channel)
and low-res i have no idea where to dial that..