I'm in the process of selling my Jackson DKMGT Dinky with emg pickups and was wondering what a good guitar would be around the price range of $300-600. I would prefer passive pickups and I would use this guitar mostly for a distorted rock/metal tone and it would need descent cleans. Also if anyone is interested in buying the guitar tell me and i will email pics and specs.

Thanks for you help
I'm a big ESP fan, they make wonderful guitars in your price range. I'd suggest the LTD EC-400 VF (the one with duncans).
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
jackson dk2m dinky... it has duncans, and they are awesome as hell for metal/rock. thats like 620$, id recommend that.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by Jdfs1
Schecter C-1 hellraiser, they are amazing

id definitely recommend that too, but the TS wants passives, and the hellraisers come with EMGs in them.
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Ibanez Xiphos is $650 new, but is definitely a metal guitar with some impressive passive pickups. I'm not sure if you're really interested having a trem or not, but it has an Edge III.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by edusty2010
You could save up a bit more and get the ESP LTD EC-1000 with seymore duncans. I've only played the EC-1000 in green with the EMG 81/60 set but if you want a high-quality guitar with nice passive pups that's the way to go. IMO.

thats prolly the best option.... i have that guitar with duncans and the jackson i recommended, and the esp is way better. a decent amount more money, but way worth it.
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
id definitely recommend that too, but the TS wants passives, and the hellraisers come with EMGs in them.

try a C-1 Classic, they have Seymour Duncans in them I believe.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by withgunstoglory
try a C-1 Classic, they have Seymour Duncans in them I believe.

thats a really nice guitar.... it has like a jb/jazz set i believe.
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
To FiresandFlames- I have a Mesa Boogie Solo 50 head that I run through a Randall 2x12 cab.

To withgunstoglory- I have tried the schecter series and have been quite impressed.
Nice amp there.

Get the Shecter C-1 Classic withgunstoglory mentioned. The JB/Jazz combo would be perfect. It's also a beautiful guitar.
thanks

Unfortunately the c-1 classic looks a little out of my price range it says it lists at around 1000. Are there any other good schecter guitars that are a little cheaper?
Quote by X Metal_Shred X
thanks

Unfortunately the c-1 classic looks a little out of my price range it says it lists at around 1000. Are there any other good schecter guitars that are a little cheaper?

If you're into the C series shape, the C-1 Blackjack is an even $600, and it's loaded with a set of JB/59 pups.
Quote by X Metal_Shred X
main reason for selling is i need something more versatile and the clean on the emg's are quite muddy

so you wouldn't want a pup change?
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*