im hoping after i save up enough, to get a hellraiser off ebay or craigslist for around $500-550, but..in case i have to pay near the $700-800 range, i saw some gorgeous esp ec-1000 on ebay for that price...but the brand new hellraisers cost about that too, which is better? how does the EMG 60 in the ec-1000 differ from the EMG 85 in the hellraiser?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
play them both.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
It's all about personal opinion really. I'd say try em both out if you get a chance. The EC-1000 doesn't have a FR, but I'm guessing you're just looking at the fixed bridge style in the Hellraiser anyway. They're both great guitars for heavier music.

I am selling an EC-1000 in the classifieds section too, by the way. *hint hint*

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856658
Check the EMG website.

Long story short, the 60 is much cleaner. I prefer a 81/60 set now that I've played it, because when you crank the volume on the amp you still get a good high-gain tone. But for people like me who need something that can do everything, roll the volume back down a ways and it's really clear, yet still hot enough for a solo of almost any type.
Quote by edusty2010
Check the EMG website.

Long story short, the 60 is much cleaner. I prefer a 81/60 set now that I've played it, because when you crank the volume on the amp you still get a good high-gain tone. But for people like me who need something that can do everything, roll the volume back down a ways and it's really clear, yet still hot enough for a solo of almost any type.

so the 81/60 combo is a bit more 'versatile' would you say?
im all about getting a versatile guitar, but im mainly getting the hellraiser for the heavier stuff i play, so i can get versatile with my les paul if i need to hah

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I just bought an EC-1000 and im loving it right now, it has nice locking head tuners and the active EMG pickup delivers a beautiful crisp tone. The 81/60 setup is perfect and accomodates any style really. I'm more into metal, and the one thing i do have to note is that when I compare it at jam sessions, it doesn't seem to have as much bass cut compared to the other guitars. Ironically my friend down the street just bought a Hellraiser (wtf) and it does sound a bit beefier, but doesnt come close to matching the beatiful tone. Hope that helps.
My Gear:

ESP EC-1000
Marshall MGDFX 30
Zoom G2.1u
It all really comes down to whichever one you feel most comfortable with playing. If you find yourself liking the EC-1000 more, you can always just throw in an 85 in place if the 60. You'll have to get a feel for both to see if it fits you.
I'd second the ESP.

I just picked up a Viper this past week, but if the quality is anything like it, go for it.

Wonderful guitars for the money.
Quote by pressyre
Very pretty too... erm I mean manly! Men don't like pretty things.

is yours the gloss black or satin?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
ok if you want a trem, the EC-1000 isn´t for you
the EMG 60 is the best clean sounding pickup i´ve heard and used
but obviously isn´t the best for metal(sound all right actually for metal)
The FR in the schecter is original so its one of the bests(or the best) trem in the world
the EC has an earvana nut which it is used to have the best intination through the hole fretboard... bue haven´t tried one so i dont know if that is legit.
i think that is basically it
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
wow pressyre, she's a beaut!

ill keep you in mind