i've been lokking at pickups and some of them say so and so works best with warm or balanced instrument. what is the balanced and warm part refering to? (sorry i suck at spelling!)
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
tone
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
can you explain it?
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
Types of wood, types of neck sometimes the shape can affect the warmness or the balance of an instrument. I think there are some tutorials on the types of pickups that fit different types of guitars on Seymour Duncan website.
thats the sight i have been looking at. how about this? i have a dean razorback with a floyd rose 22 frets. so how would you describe that? (warm,balanced,ect...)
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
im interested in either http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage/59_model_sh1_an/ or the allinco II or whatever there called? (sorry) i want a humbucker that can give me a good sound for classic rock and sound decent for some megadeth,metallica, that type of thing. any humbuckers you know of to get this sound?
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
I think for classic rock and closer to megadeth sound you would do better with a JB (either SH-4 or TB-4). Both Mustaine and Friedman used the JB on the Countdown to Extinction album.

Why don't you go to a store and play some guitars with the JB in the bridge and compare them with the 59 or Alnico pickups.
well i just wana be able to get a alright sound for that kind of music. i'm alot more concerned with the classic rock sound.
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell