I try to play blues, i have a fender mexican hss strat, a crate palomino v8, a boss ds1 and a digitech screamin blues. i am thinking about returning the screamin blues for another ($50) pedal, for an even trade, not looking to spend anymore. however, would you guys say this is the best pedal for blues for my price, or should i look for something else, like a digitech bad monkey (dont know what kind of tones i can get with this, but i know everyone usually raves about this pedal)
I think the Ibanez Tube Screamer should do a pretty good job. I am not sure if you can find it for $50 though.
i would look into pedals such as the marshall Bluesbreaker, Crowther Hot Cake, or Lovepedals for a great blues tone, problem is other than the bluesbreaker, the other two (and in my humble opinion "better" pedals) are out of your paying range

over time I havent been a fan of the digitech/boss/line6 pedals for the most part

for me personally though, the palomino would be good enough for a good blues tone without a pedal

edit: tubescreamers are good pedals like mentioned above, I still think the hot cake and lovepedals are better but the tubescreamer does seem pretty good in your range if you really wanna get a pedal
I was going to say that a Palomino should have enough distortion or everything else for playing blues. Why do you need a pedal?
i dont get to crank it too often. isn't the bad monkey just a cheaper and a little bit worse tube screamer?
well, it's a booster - so you'll get a volume increase. It's used mostly for solos and to push an already driven amp. I think what you need is an overdrive, the budget is pretty limited though.
Spend the money on a new speaker for your amp. I cant exactly remember if that amp has an 8incher or a 10 incher, but in either case, email ted weber for a reccomendation. He makes great stuff and you'd be amazed what a new speaker can do for a budget amp.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
it has a 10 inch celestion speaker, don't really know too much about it other than that.
Thats like the 12 inch eminence speaker that comes in the blues juniors. They're just slapping a name on it so it'll sell. Its really not a great speaker at all.

Look into the weber stuff. If you're not looking for more gain, but better tone, this should help plenty.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors