in a sort of rut.
(sorry)

i know you guys get these threads alot but serious.

i feel like im not getting better at playing.
when people ask me to play songs i cant play anything!
im prettty average i think
( i can play fast, alternate pick , sweep, and all)
but i dont know what to play or what to learn.

recommned some songs that are fun to play, a bit challenging, or maybe just one of your favorate songs to play. and help will be apreeciated!
im basically into everything revolving thrash,metal,punk,(MAYBE A LIITLE SCREAMO..maybe)

thanks!!!
Learn theory. I was in your same predicament, and that's what I've started to do.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Play "Only Ash Remains" by necrophagist.
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
If you know we get these threads alot then why don't you read the answers they gave in those threads? You're not going to hear anything different in hear. Everyone goes through ruts, its part of being a guitarist
Quote by CORT noob
Learn theory. I was in your same predicament, and that's what I've started to do.

Dude! I'm in your sig!

EDIT:
Quote by ferretman
You're not going to hear anything different in hear.

Well, that's for sure.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by ratmblink123
Dude! I'm in your sig!

You made me lawl hard!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by ratmblink123
Dude! I'm in your sig!

EDIT:

Well, that's for sure.

Lol, its true. They're the same word, not different at all
TS don't worry about your theory or what songs you can play, just pick up the guitar and muck around on it for a few hours. if your not good, **** happens. at least you should be having more fun than sitting down learning to read black dots.
Quote by dio_dude
TS don't worry about your theory or what songs you can play, just pick up the guitar and muck around on it for a few hours. if your not good, **** happens. at least you should be having more fun than sitting down learning to read black dots.

BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
oh yes alright he who is above all because he knows his theory, no need to be a twat. oh look, contradiction.
Quote by dio_dude
oh yes alright he who is above all because he knows his theory, no need to be a twat. oh look, contradiction.

Uhm, I know three scales. I would hardly say I know theory...

But, to say that learning theory is stupid, is a rather stupid thing to say. I'm trying to learn it because I got tired of just dicking around on the guitar. It was no fun playing cover songs all the time. Now that I've started learning theory, and working on my technique, I actually like to listen to myself play and have a much more enjoyable time.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i know 6 scales and thats about it. that's all i need to have fun. people differ in many different ways. amazing, an argument actually resolved in a few posts. in the pit none the less.
Quote by dio_dude
i know 6 scales and thats about it. that's all i need to have fun. people differ in many different ways. amazing, an argument actually resolved in a few posts. in the pit none the less.

Yep
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

inb4 i cum blood

anyway, just practice a ton, start learning lots of songs, and theory.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Just learn your favourite songs. I'm in the same position as you. Just decided to learn some whole songs instead of just messing around with riffs and stuff. So learn some nice songs that you like to play and some that most musicians know so that you may jam with other folks.
Quote by dio_dude

New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Put it in a different tuning.

I suggest CGCGCe (open Cmaj?) and learn some John Butler, or just improvise. Its a very nice tuning.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress