Hi

I want to get a Electric Guitar but I do not know what to get what should I look in for a Electric Guitar?

Looking forward for your feedback

Thanks
price range, music styles... we need to know this stuff before

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
hmmm
decent newbie guitars would be a squire strat or some cheap epiphone
i personally don't like yamaha for guitars. there a company that makes motorcycles as well as guitars? doesnt make much sense to me.
but go for a squire or epiphone
cant go wrong with ibanez. well, you can, but there low-mid range guitars are better than most of the competition
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Price Range ????? (Thinking about trading my ps3 gaming stuff)
music style - A mixture of classic Rock and other
how about a gold top les paul, that might just cut it
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Starter packages seem to be decent deals since it comes with a guitar, amp, strap, gig bag and picks. Look into the Squier and Ibanez starter packages to start out.
Oh I forgot too add I already have a amp form my friend its Marshall Brand

So Squier and lbanez are really good?
I'd actually say Agile. You can get a $500 agile that's as good if not better quality than an Epi of about 1.5x the price.

Also, what's your budget for an amp? You need one of those too. Are you saying your entire budget is $500-600? If so suggest saving up a bit more. Still go for some sort of Agile LP, those will suit your needs and I'd kill to have one NOW - let alone when I started. Maybe get a Roland cube? I'm not the best amp person. But for starters I suppose a nicer guitar is a higher priority, you won't want to continue playing something that even a beginner can tell is bad, it will eventually drive you to the point of where you quit.

Oh, Agile guitars are sold here:

www.rondomusic.com

Ah, you have an amp. Ok, then I really suggest the Agile now, you'll like them. Give the website a look over and pick out something from the higher end. Even then you won't spend your entire budget. BTW, don't get anything with a Floyd Rose, if you're just beginning dealing with them can be a bugger.
Quote by XTamX
Sorry Around $500-$600

Try to spend most of your money on an amp. You can get a used Mexican Strat for about $200. A friend of mine actually got one for $175. Then get it set up properly. Save up a little more and get little guy.
yeah guitarnoobie I already have a amp form a friend just figuring out what guitar I should get
Quote by XTamX
yeah guitarnoobie I already have a amp form a friend just figuring out what guitar I should get

What kind of amp is it? If it's a decent amp, then get a Mexican Strat Deluxe. And just curious, is your first guitar, or are you knew to guitar in general?
Quote by XTamX
Yes I am new to guitar & I have a Marshall MG10 CD series Amp

Then do what I suggested and get a used Mexican Strat and the Pro Junior Combo. Because that amp is terrible.
Thanks Guys

I`ll let you all know what I`ll choose

Got a lot of thinking too do......
Honestly I have to say just keep your amp and get the best guitar you can UNLESS the chances of you getting more money for a good amp in the future is terrible. I mean at this point if you're just beginning you won't be able to hear the difference between a really nice thousand dollar amp or a beginner package amp; no offense, that's just how it is. But, you WILL be able to fell if your guitar is total crap. You may as well get something that will last a few years, rather than a guitar and amp that you're going to want to replace just a few months down the line.

Just my opinion. I personally don't think the amp is near as important to a bedroom guitarist, as long as you have a comfortable guitar, then you've got your setup. If you're gigging, that's a different story. Then you really will need something that will make you sound your best, and you need a guitar that is more than comfortable - you need one that will make you feel like a god every time you hold it.
Quote by edusty2010
Honestly I have to say just keep your amp and get the best guitar you can UNLESS the chances of you getting more money for a good amp in the future is terrible. I mean at this point if you're just beginning you won't be able to hear the difference between a really nice thousand dollar amp or a beginner package amp; no offense, that's just how it is. But, you WILL be able to fell if your guitar is total crap. You may as well get something that will last a few years, rather than a guitar and amp that you're going to want to replace just a few months down the line.

Like a Marshall MG for instance...

But this guy does have a point. You won't be able to tell it sounds bad (Although you probably will now since I have told you). Get a used Mexican Standard and save the rest for a new amp in a few months.
Quote by XTamX
Why wouldn`t I tell if its bad is that a good thing?

Because the first few months your ears aren't trained to tell the difference between good tones and bad tones. It's not bad at all.
Quote by guitarnoobie
Like a Marshall MG for instance...

But this guy does have a point. You won't be able to tell it sounds bad (Although you probably will now since I have told you). Get a used Mexican Standard and save the rest for a new amp in a few months.

Rather obsessed with the Strats, aren't we? I think the MIM strat is a great starter guitar but as someone stated before, Agile brand guitars are pretty killer as well and everyone is suited to their own style-I hate the way Stratocasters feel, they're too thin for me and the necks just don't feel comfortable. However, on the other hand, I love Les Pauls with a passion, as their body types are like the stratocaster polar opposite.

TS, I suggest you go down to a music store and try out some guitars and see what kind suits you in what feels right and then just give us an update on what you feel comfortable with and then we'll supply you with the right info behind that specific type of guitar.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by Koreanflow
Rather obsessed with the Strats, aren't we? I think the MIM strat is a great starter guitar but as someone stated before, Agile brand guitars are pretty killer as well and everyone is suited to their own style-I hate the way Stratocasters feel, they're too thin for me and the necks just don't feel comfortable. However, on the other hand, I love Les Pauls with a passion, as their body types are like the stratocaster polar opposite.

TS, I suggest you go down to a music store and try out some guitars and see what kind suits you in what feels right and then just give us an update on what you feel comfortable with and then we'll supply you with the right info behind that specific type of guitar.

Sure yeah I guess you could say I am. I'm guessing your hands are big. I find them very comfortable. Among the guitars I tried out before getting my strat was a Gibby LP Studio and I have to say I was kind of disappointed. The salesman told me the only difference between that and a standard was the lack of a flame maple finish, which takes about $200 or so off the price tag.
Quote by guitarnoobie
Sure yeah I guess you could say I am. I'm guessing your hands are big. I find them very comfortable. Among the guitars I tried out before getting my strat was a Gibby LP Studio and I have to say I was kind of disappointed. The salesman told me the only difference between that and a standard was the lack of a flame maple finish, which takes about $200 or so off the price tag.

Mm, to be frank, I'm actually a skinny Korean guy who measures up to 5'9 and it's just that I really feel comfortable with the thick neck of my guitar-I'm a weirdo.

Yeah, I actually know what you mean about the Studio-not that great of a guitar as Gibsons are definitely overpriced for the name-Got a pretty good deal on my Custom though - About 1.7k for it (although some guy installed the EMG 81/85 setup on it...total nightmare since I play jazz) and swapped the pickups and whatnot - Can't really go wrong with the custom shop guitars anywhere...

If I ever do get a Strat, I'll get the Fender American Special Mahogany DD - Quite a stunning guitar I must say. But sorry for digressing, lets just say we love guitars. Woot.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
you wanna find something comfortable (guitar wise) dont go and blow your money on a piece of **** guitar that has more spikes and cuts and carves that you can sit with. DONT GO BUY A V!

But if you like metal guitars, a warlock would be an okay start, there relatively easy to play sitting down, but a strat style would be better.
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
sorry for the double, but an epiphone SG might do it

but

its epiphone.
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
For a beginner? Something that turns you on, that feels good to hold, that sounds more or less in tune, and that's most likely to impress the girls. No matter what you pick, some people are bound to like it so you listen to them. When you get tired of it, even MORE people are bound to hate it and laugh at you for buying it, so you won't feel bad repeating this cycle with something different.
A G-400 + a cheap 5w tube amp?
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)