So I've had my Danelectro FAB Echo pedal for... a while, and I've experimented with it a bit, but I'm not exactly sure how I should use it in context for what I play. I play blues, electric blues and heavier 60s blues influenced stuff (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd etc.), and ?shred? (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, etc.). I also play a bit of jazz, though not as much now since Jazz Band is over for the year. Any ideas on how to use it, or know any good settings for it? And, anyone know how hard it is to do the 100k speed pot mod? I've never modded anything, so I really don't know much. If anything, can it be used as a boost pedal? Any input is appreciated!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
First thing to jump to mind: Who? Sorry, never heard of him! Gonna look him up though.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Has a good slapback echo tone. Take a listen to some Stray Cats, 68 Comeback Special, or Brian Setzer Orchestra.

He uses delay in a very subtle rockabilly way. Nothing like the Edge (another good delay user), but it's a nice usage.
I have one and it works good for the style of music you play. The key is not to overdue the mix dial. Just below half is a good setting. Set the other dial to taste, but again don't overdue it or your tone will get messy and unfocused.

Also, it cannot be used as a boost.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION