hey, well i have an Ibanez RG 350 dx that i would like to try and trade in for a Epiphone Thunderbird bass. since i paid roughly close to 500 for the ibanez and the thunderbird is 300 and my ibanez is in basically perfect shape do you think my local music store would trade? thanks in advance!
Don't trade for a Thunderbird, they may look OK, but that's all they have going for them. Also Bass or Guitar forum
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by ratmblink123
Solution:
Don't get a thunderbird.

Whatever, Thunderbirds are awesome.
Quote by Doctorfeelgood2
well i really like the thunderbird tho :[
i like how it sounds and deff how it looks

It's your money (well guitar) in that case, they'll probably do a straight swap, shops tend to rip people on trades
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
It's your money (well guitar) in that case, they'll probably do a straight swap, shops tend to rip people on trades

so does that mean they will just trade the guitar for the bass? cause thats fine with me
Quote by Doctorfeelgood2
so does that mean they will just trade the guitar for the bass? cause thats fine with me

Probably, if they don't then you're getting completely raped. Although before you settle on a TB I'd also try a few other basses around the price range

faultyy your badass man thanks, and yea i was also looking at fenders basses they have some nice ones that sound awesome, im going for a rock tone, and some other styles any suggestions?
I'd go for a fender jazz bass, but thats just me. I actually got my 5 string for about $550, it was on discount.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by Doctorfeelgood2
faultyy your badass man thanks, and yea i was also looking at fenders basses they have some nice ones that sound awesome, im going for a rock tone, and some other styles any suggestions?

Fender are awesome for pretty much anything, the best advice is just to try everything in and around your price range. Also if you're tradeing try something more expensive first (around the $400 mark), you may catch them out and end up with a deal

ill deff have to check one of those out then, again tho do u think they will let me trade the guitar for that bass to? not both i mean but either one. cause at the moment i am broke
My friend got like half of what we payed for his guitar when he sold it to GC, so you'll probably need some extra cash, and if you have a guitar amp i would suggest you trade that in too, unless you have other guitars because Bass Guitar + Guitar Amp = No Bueno.
Can't say for sure, but it's definately worth a try, worst they can do is say no. If they have a used MIM Fender in I'd think they would trade