The GX doesn't have a mic input/preamp, so I'd say no unless you just want to do guitar instrumentals.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah, i know they make mics with a 1/4" male connector identical to the one on the end of the cable you use to hook a guitar to an amp, caus eive seen and used one before. SO i'll just get one of those. So i guess it's a yes? Cause the mic on my Mp3 player is sh!t for recording guitar, lol.
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

Check out my nintendocore band, Super Luigi 65!
www.myspace.com/superluigi65
Quote by themanintheback
Yeah, i know they make mics with a 1/4" male connector identical to the one on the end of the cable you use to hook a guitar to an amp, caus eive seen and used one before. SO i'll just get one of those. So i guess it's a yes? Cause the mic on my Mp3 player is sh!t for recording guitar, lol.

You'd be better off buying a decent USB mic like the Samson CO1U and using that to record your amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It wont give CD high quality recordings, its more just for a budget studio.

The Toneport GX is an audio interface, they are designed to run your instrument direct into and using the Gearbox Software you set your amp and FX up but be aware the distortions are not all that great on gearbox. I have a review in the sticky in the R&R section.

If you want great demos you need higher priced gear and the knowledge to mix and master your audio.

What is your budget?
You need a good mic, good interface, a fairly fast computer, recording software such as Reaper, cables which can add up quickly, and knowledge of how to get the sound you want.

The GX can use a mic to record, you just need an XLR - TRS adapter
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/American-Recorder-Technologies-XLR-Female-to-14-Male-Stereo-Adapter?sku=339525
Last edited by moody07747 at May 14, 2008,