I've been looking at some guitar amps for a while and I have found one that I like alot. I'm just afraid it will be waaaaaaaaaaay too loud.

I'm looking at a Peavey ValveKing 112 50 Watt (tube) amp

I do gig for chruch, school, ya know whatever but would it be ok for home practice??? because I dont want to buy a nice amp and never be able to play in inside.
Oh, and forgot to add,

if anyone has any suggestions to any other amps similar to this that would also be a great help : )
dude i have a 100 watt line 6 duoverb and it plays great at loud and quiet levels. so chill.
I'd say the ValveKing and a speaker swap would be decent for you.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Biggest misconception with guitar amps: If it is big, therefore it must only be able to be used with the volume on ten. This is just not true.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
^Not totally true. Many amps sound like crap at lower volumes. Plexis and older marshall don't sound their best until they're pretty much dimed.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Not totally true. Many amps sound like crap at lower volumes. Plexis and older marshall don't sound their best until they're pretty much dimed.

True, but I guess I was talking more about SS amps, actually.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I don't deal with SS amps. I've only had two, a crap fender that was my first and a crate gt65 that was made right in my home town and is the best ss amp I've ever played.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by rwalby9
I'd say the ValveKing and a speaker swap would be decent for you.

+1. The main shortfall of the Valveking is its POS speaker. Replace that with a Celestion V30/G12T-75, and you're cooking.
The Valveking sounded like crap at low volumes when I tried it. I was quite disappointed actually, I expected more from it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
The Valveking sounded like crap at low volumes when I tried it. I was quite disappointed actually, I expected more from it.

Interesting, it's been my experience that VK's suffer at high volume, not low volume. Must be spotty.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson