Ok i don't really bring in the bucks like other people do but i'm just looking for a bass to mess around with........ would this be decent or is it complete crap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bass-Guitar-Package-Amp-DVD-SX-BG1K-3TS-BA1565_W0QQitemZ320250603281QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64398QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

should i save and pay double and get a squier kit or would this work? if i got serious i would buy something much better down the road but would this be good enough to get me started or is it absolutely horrible?
I emailed Kurt about the bass with that package, and it is worse than the SX 62's and 75's in terms of electronics and such. IMO, get a 62.
i think i'm going to get it just to try it.......i play guitar too but i want to learn a 2nd instrument, i was thinking mandolin just for fun but if i can get a bass kit for the same price....... imo bass is much cooler than mandolin haha
it looks like a good starting point and besides if you get serius about bass you could buy a better instrument
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400