Ok...right now Im in the process of buying a new guitar, after a long time of going through different guitars I've narrowed down my options to only 2....The Ibanez RG-2550z Prestige or the Jackson RR3 pro series.

The issue is that I haven't played any of them before, (Im not from the US, so the guitars they bring here are pretty much the cheap series of all the different brand names, ESP- ltd, Ibanez-GRG, Fender-squier, etc).

questions and things to consider:

1) Music style--->Mostly metal (shred and progressive to be more precise) although I play some soft rock and blues often...which one could fit in the whole diversity of styles?

2)I own an Ibanez RG-270dx, will the change to a jackson guitar be too drastic?

3) Which guitar has better pickups----DiMarzio IBZ pickups on the Ibanez or the Seymour Duncan Jazz pickups on the Jackson...

4) Never used an Edge Zero Bridge before, is it much better than a Edge III?

Well I would really appreciate your help and suggestions...

Thanks.....
if u were gonna get a prestiege ibanez get a s series there better then rg the bridge is a billion times better
Pickups on the Jackson are better, but the bridge on the Ibanez is better. Your choice.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I'd personally chose the Ibanez.

Jacksons really don't feel that great to me for some reason, yet the Prestige necks are great. Two of my friends own RR3s and the Ibanez is by far the better built piece of equipment, not to mention it comes with one of the best tremolos you can get on a guitar as apposed to the LFR on the Jackson.

Obviously, the downfall of the Ibanez is the IBZ pickups, they're probably not as good sounding as the Duncans would be in it; however, the overall quality of the guitar makes it sound better (imo).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The RG will have a tighter bottom end and more clear highs so whether you are grooving a rythem or going through a lead your sound will never become transparent. Ibanez guitars also tend to play easier, and the Edge Zero is a super low profile bridge so it will be very comfortable not only for the fretting hand, but for the picking hand, too.

The RG is an all around safer choice.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
hmm...well as said before the ibanez s series is incredible cuz of the bridge,neck and slim body the jackson's have a simular neck better pick-ups but by far the ibanez s series rapes other bridges so i think you should get the s series then upgrade the pups which would cost 250ish when a tremolo(not as good as the ZR) would cost 300+125ish for installation so in the long run the ibanez you saving a bit of cash for your pedal board or what not.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
I don't know why people are recommending getting an S series instead, all Prestige RGs come with Edge Pros or the new Edge Zero, which are easily on par with the ZR trem in the S series. Not to mention a Prestige RG is better quality than a non-prestige S series. If you guys are talking about getting a Prestige S, the S series prestiges are ~$400-650 more than the guitars he's looking at.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
RG hands down imo. The prestige necks are awesome and the hardware is generally higher quality, Edge pro, gohtoh tuners ect. The only weak point being the pickups. Frankly id rather replace some pickups rather than changing a floyd out and possibly the complications of trem cavitys not fitting or posts being out of allignment.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I was too looking for a new guitar, and i had the same problem actually, BUT i could try them, my opinion BUY THE IBANEZ
Quote by guitarschredder
I was too looking for a new guitar, and i had the same problem actually, BUT i could try them, my opinion BUY THE IBANEZ

Thanks for bumping a 5 month old thread?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by selkies
if u were gonna get a prestiege ibanez get a s series there better then rg the bridge is a billion times better

Ok RG2550Z... Z = Edge Zero trem. The RG2550E was Edge Pro. Don't give advise if you don't know what the heck you're talking about.
Quote by Grand Master D
Ok RG2550Z... Z = Edge Zero trem. The RG2550E was Edge Pro. Don't give advise if you don't know what the heck you're talking about.

Thanks for bumping an old thread?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
no bumping old threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
no bumping old threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joined after seeing the stupidity of some people's suggestions. Sorry.
Quote by Grand Master D

why pray tell did you bump this? Do you go looking for threads to bump?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Im also thinking of getting the Ibanez rg2550z, why do people say the new EZ is worse than the Edge Pro i dont get it
I'd say Ibanez It's what I'm about to get. I heard the zero system Isn't all that far away from a floyd rose and yes the Ibanez has a better bridge... but not as great pickup. It's easier to replace a pickup than to replace a bridge!
This thread needs to be closed. WAY too much unnecessary bumping going on.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by NecroticSoldier
I'd say Ibanez It's what I'm about to get. I heard the zero system Isn't all that far away from a floyd rose and yes the Ibanez has a better bridge... but not as great pickup. It's easier to replace a pickup than to replace a bridge!

dude stop bumping a very old thread
this thread is made in may its now december so stop commenting on this thread
and maybe the TS already bought a guitar
feel free to add me
Don't underestimate the power of a licensed jackson floyd rose.

They're beasts.

try them out.
EDIT: ah didn't read all of your post.

it all comes down to opinion in the end.
no one person is going to be able to tell you which is better and which isn't.
Quote by signedinbloodnz
Don't underestimate the power of a licensed jackson floyd rose.

They're beasts.

try them out.
EDIT: ah didn't read all of your post.

it all comes down to opinion in the end.
no one person is going to be able to tell you which is better and which isn't.

dude its december this thread is made in may i think the TS already got his guitar and
doesn't need our opinions.
feel free to add me