I started listening to Muse and realized that they were one of the greatest bands ever, unfortunately (IMO), I feel I need a fuzz to get Matt's tone a little more accurately. How would a Big Muff Pi be for that? I know he uses a Fuzz Factory, but I have read that they are pretty finicky and sometimes a bit random, plus it's kinda costly. What other Fuzz's would you recommend? If anyone has any setting recommendations to get a Metal Muff sounding like a fuzz let me know. I have one, but I want a fuzz as well for some tonal versatility.

I also am looking for a good Envelope filter/follower to get a good Johnny Greenwood sound, like in the solo at the end of "Paranoid Android," I can't quite get it with my G-Major, any suggestions for settings that will get me close would be great. As well as some good (and affordable) envelope pedals.

My final inquiry is on delay. I like the delay on the G-Major, but I would like having different settings and everything at the ready, the delay on the G-Major seems a little subtle. I was originally looking at a RE-20, but I have heard it's pretty much a one-trick pony (a large and costly one at the). I began looking into the Line 6 DL-4 and Boss DD-20, I won't be using the loop feature on either, but I was wondering which you guys would rather recommend. I've heard that the DL-4 can be unreliable and I can't have it be breaking down on me in a gig.

Sorry for giving my life story, but any help would be massively appreciated.
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Last edited by Captirk at May 13, 2008,
The carbon copy is a very good straight forward delay that sounds just amazing. It's analog so you can get some cool space noises out of it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The Carbon Copy would be a neat choice, delaay wise. Also, that one analogue Ibanez delay would be nice.

Play a muff. Fuzz-wise, it's really only got a couple tones going for it, and they're fairly...muffy. But for $60, what's not to like?
I read on the Carbon Copy, but my deal with it is that I want multiple delay times in one unit, that's why I was torn between the DD-20 and the DL-4, I might also get the DMM w/ Hazari or whatever it's called, I love EHX pedals!
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20