Basically, my band's album is fully recorded. The only thing left right now is packaging it in time for this Saturday's launch.

Then I realized that I have no idea what to do for the CD itself. As in the face of the physical CD.

I mean, for our first album, all we did was burn the songs onto the standard CD-Rs and stick white CD stickers on to the face of the CD to block out the 'CD-R', '700MB' etc wordings. Then we wrote our band and album name over the sticker. It looked pretty bad.

So any ideas on what we can do this time round? Stick with the same thing we did for the 1st album? Get proper CD stickers done (I'm told they'll cost about the same price as we're selling the album, so this is probably out of question)?

Edit: We're not getting a booklet done cos' there's not enough time left. We have the CD cover and back cover done, so right now the only problem is how to not make the physical CD itself look like a dumb-azz CD-R when it clearly is.
Last edited by Time Seller at May 13, 2008,
Vista has a program that makes CD covers, for the disc and the case. Lightscribe, I believe.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
We're not getting a booklet done cos' there's not enough time left. We have the CD cover and back cover done, so right now the only problem is how to not make the physical CD itself look like a dumb-azz CD-R when it clearly is.

Lightscribe sounds interesting. But I'm using XP.

And I don't suppose we have the time or money to use stencils and spray paints.
It's really not important. If you're still at the "burning demos in your basement" stage like most local bands are, a CD-R cd will be fine, no need to put anything on it if the music's good and you don't have the money.
well depending on what you're CALLING THE ALBUM could impact the packaging and what you do to the CD. I mean look at Horray for Boobies. Usually you match the CD cover to the packaging or the name of the CD or something. Otherwise you match the name of the album to something you want to do on the CD... or a song name...

Or like if you were doing live gigs somewhere and recorded them or made recordings that sounded like live gigs or whatever you could do something like:

[BAND NAME HERE]: The Bootleg Sessions 2008 and then write it in one of those blue fine tip CD markers on the CD-R 700 meg etc logo'd up burnables
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
OH!

1. Put the CD in a portable CD player
2. Stick something in the hole that tells the player the lid is closed. (headphone jack)
3. Hit play. The CD should spin and play.
4. Grab a permanent marker (or 3) and touch it LIGHTLY to the top of the spinning CD
5. Move the marker back and forth, from the center of the disc to the edge, vice versa
6. Repeat, with other colors

YOU HAS WICKED SPIRALS.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by TooFast
Vista has a program that makes CD covers, for the disc and the case. Lightscribe, I believe.

Unfortunately, vista is really gay, so it's out of the question.
Quote by aaron6890
why not make a sign up list where if you buy a CD you get to pick a message on the bands myspace to say, like love notes or shout outs, and you post it in some section you guys have.

Awesome suggestion. Will be doing that. We have a special site out for the CD, mainly for the lyrics and exclusive downloads.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

OH!

1. Put the CD in a portable CD player
2. Stick something in the hole that tells the player the lid is closed. (headphone jack)
3. Hit play. The CD should spin and play.
4. Grab a permanent marker (or 3) and touch it LIGHTLY to the top of the spinning CD
5. Move the marker back and forth, from the center of the disc to the edge, vice versa
6. Repeat, with other colors

YOU HAS WICKED SPIRALS.

Uhm. I see. I don't have a portable CD player. I either play it on my computer or on my house's giant audio system thing-y. But that's a pretty cool idea.

Quote by lbritish

well depending on what you're CALLING THE ALBUM could impact the packaging and what you do to the CD. I mean look at Horray for Boobies. Usually you match the CD cover to the packaging or the name of the CD or something. Otherwise you match the name of the album to something you want to do on the CD... or a song name...

The album title is Cold Comfort For Change. The actual CD cover (the first thing you're going to see) is a sort-of psychedelic face.

And to clarify, we'll be trying to sell as many copies as possible. It's supposed to be a proper LP, as opposed to an EP or demo CD and whatnot. Albeit the fact that we have a very low budget. We're basically going to pre-sell 30 copies to get enough money to start selling in slightly larger quantities.
Despite the fancy name "Time Seller", you are in fact the coolest 08'er I have ever met.
Quote by lceman13
Despite the fancy name "Time Seller", you are in fact the coolest 08'er I have ever met.

Despite the fact that we've never met, you are in fact the coolest ... I can't find a way to end that sentence.

Oh well. Thanks.
Quote by lceman13
i cannot wait until you get banned for spaming
Just leave it I think, SOAD are huge and they got away with it.

New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Just leave it I think, SOAD are huge and they got away with it.

True, but it'll be a bit of a rip-off. And I'll have to handwrite that on each CD? Ouch.

But, realistically, I'll probably have to do that.
you realize you can must go to a thrift store or something and get a crappy portable CD player for no money at all so you can do the swirly idea? hell, you could probably get like five of them and go on an all-day decorating spree with your bandmates.
Quote by lceman13

Please, stop looking for attention and getting sigged. You've said this to like 5 people in two threads. So just shut up.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
you realize you can must go to a thrift store or something and get a crappy portable CD player for no money at all so you can do the swirly idea? hell, you could probably get like five of them and go on an all-day decorating spree with your bandmates.

For a hundred CDs?

:s

Oh well. I'll try. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: I've got all the components. Wish we could do the swirly swirls thing-y idea, but we can't find a portable CD player, oddly enough. It's very vexing.
Last edited by Time Seller at May 13, 2008,