these sweeps are really giving me a hard time, i dont know how to position my hand

e--------7-10-7-------7--8p7-------4-8p4-------4-
B-10---8--------8---8--------8---5-------
G----7------------7------------4---

sorry i dont know how to copy the tab, its the Sentinel by Judas Priest, but a lot of other songs use this same sweeping method. from the start, do you sweep the 7,8,7, then hit the 10th note, and sweep down 7,8,7 again? cause then the next one is again 8,7? cause i read sweeps are atleast in three's but if i do that its just 7,8, then the pulloff 8p7? any help thanks
LOL
e--------7-10-7-------7--8p7-------4-8p4-------4-
B-10---8--------8---8--------8---5-------
G----7------------7------------4---

Put it in code
You'd be in the 7th position, using your index on 7, 2nd finger on 8 and pinky/ring finger on 10 for the first arpeggio. Then switch to the 4th position for the second one. It'll be a little awkward to do that arp with you last 2 finger, but you could always try shifting positions twice instead.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
For all the higher notes on the E string (D note on fret 10 for example) I would hammer them on from the 7th fret, then pull off back to the 7th fret.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
the 7,8,7 sweep can be done with two fingers right, index and middle? then use the index again for the high E 7 and hammer on 10th? would that be ok?
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
the 7,8,7 sweep can be done with two fingers right, index and middle? then use the index again for the high E 7 and hammer on 10th? would that be ok?

Yup.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1