So I've been working on my sweep picking lately and I'm doing pretty good. Although I don't know if my technique actually makes it sweep picking. As my right hand goes down towards the floor during the sweeping motion I tend to flutter my right hand to catch the strings. Both hands are still going in a continuous motion. Does this count as sweep picking, or am I doing it wrong?
If you don't memorize the exact notes you're hitting every time, I wouldn't be ballsy enough to call it sweep picking, but it's great to hit random notes when you're just starting out with sweeping.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
This what I'm playing:

e-------------13-------------12-------------17-15-14---
B---------13-------------13-------------13---------------
G-----12-------------12-------------12------------------
D-14-------------14-------------14----------------------

I'm working on sweeping upwards towards the ceiling but it's kind of tricky.
Well, since you're technically memorizing the notes, that would be a little 4-sweep you got there.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by qstionauthority
sweeping = smooth. not smooth ≠ sweeping

+1
How long have you been playing? If it hasn't been long, I would recommend shelving sweep picking for now and put your efforts towards the basics and building blocks that will lead up to sweep picking. But if you feel you are ready, by all means go for it. This was just a suggestion.
Quote by rockadoodle
How long have you been playing? If it hasn't been long, I would recommend shelving sweep picking for now and put your efforts towards the basics and building blocks that will lead up to sweep picking. But if you feel you are ready, by all means go for it. This was just a suggestion.

I've been playing for about 11 months.
That little tab seems like youd sweep it, try going up and down the notes instead of just down and see how it sounds.
Don't you find sweeping upwards easier?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I would back off sweeping if you havent been playing for at least 3 years, and dedicate everyday to playing.