I have been playing guitar for about 2 years, not very seriously mind you but I would like to take it a lot more seriously now that...well nothing happened, I just want to be better I guess.

So of course I know all my basic stuff, major chords, minor chords, major scales, minor scales, etc. All I do nowadays is improvise over major keys with my scales but I honestly don't know what else I should learn and where...

I am trying to memorize my triads and whatnot - What else is beneficial in general?

Arpeggios? Pentatonics? Someone give me some advice :]?
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Last edited by Koreanflow at May 13, 2008,
Try masturbating with one hand while writing with the other. It's harder than it sounds.
Quote by seanmore
Try masturbating with one hand while writing with the other. It's harder than it sounds.

not really actually
Quote by seanmore

^ thats true.

but read up on theroy, and play any and all songs that interest you. If you come upon a concept that confuses you study it. and if you cant seem to grow anymore take lessons(if you can afford em)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
ah on a serious note i would say yea apreggios, ah depends what style you are
more metal? sweep picking and alternate picking
depends man
id say just get a teacher if you want to further your knowelage
I'm very much interested in jazz but I like guitar techniques in general - so yep. Teachers are expensive :[

In fact, I teach guitar to kids and every two lessons I make money off of would be sucked up by one real guitar lesson from a teacher...but I'm saving for that Gibson Modern Songwriter Deluxe :[
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -