im trying to think of the bass peice i shuld play for my year 11 mid year exam, it has to be reasonably technicle, im looking for more a rocky sort of peice that my band may perform along with me. any ideas?
Santeria by Sublime is gud but to get an A or higher u will need 2 put in sum added fills. It would have to be one of the best riffs to play as it sounds difficult but isnt
Sublime...man good stuff...

depends on your level of ability, I mean, Primus is fun if you can play it, but people don't know it, so maybe some RHCP, everyone knows it, and some of their songs are good fun
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
i can play the awakaning, but i did that for my year 10 peice so yeah. i was thinking areoplane by the rhcp... but yeah, i probly wont have enough time to learn it thoroughly hahaha i was also thinking hysteria by the muse, but its probly not difficult enough to score anything moderatly high.
Last edited by racist.bassist at May 13, 2008,
Aeroplane is actually incredibly easy.... it took me all of 10 minutes to learn, once i said "this song isnt that hard" and sat down and actually looked @ it.

go for it.
maxwell murder by rancid..

or my friend transposed a thing by bach or someone else onto the bass and did that
got A*
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by watchingmefall
Learn something different, I'm tired of always listening RHCP. How about Sleepless or Elephant Talk by King Crimson?

+1 to the RHCP comment.

Isn't Elephant Talk played on a Chapman Stick?

Threadstarter, what is considered "technical?" That's a pretty relative term.

You should try some Mute Math basslines - they've got an awesome bassist in Mitchell Cardenas (I think that's his name). He's got a good site on bass lessons and stuff: http://revver.com/u/mitchellcard/?page=1

"Reset" is a great song.

You could also try something slower by Mudvayne, like "World So Cold." Not much of that crazy slapping and tapping, but great melodic playing.

"Cemetary Gates" by Pantera is also quite excellent.

Faith No More's cover of "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath has a great bassline to it, and a small solo section.

Finally, I can't forget any The Mars Volta - "Tetragrammation" and "Day of the Baphomets" have very very nice basslines.
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at May 13, 2008,
try sweet child of mine by guns and roses, californicion by chili peppers, stair way to heaven by zepplin or iron man by sabbith, their the ones i did for year 10 last year,

or one by metallica, hotel california the eagles, no one knows by queens of the stone age or metallurgica by shaun duncan, there the one im doing this semister
Quote by Charlatan_001
+1 to the RHCP comment.

You should try some Mute Math basslines - they've got an awesome bassist in Mitchell Cardenas (I think that's his name). He's got a good site on bass lessons and stuff: http://revver.com/u/mitchellcard/?page=1

"Reset" is a great song.

You could also try something slower by Mudvayne, like "World So Cold." Not much of that crazy slapping and tapping, but great melodic playing.

Faith No More's cover of "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath has a great bassline to it, and a small solo section.

Finally, I can't forget any The Mars Volta - "Tetragrammation" and "Day of the Baphomets" have very very nice basslines.

Elephant Talks IS played on a chapman, but it can be easily played on a 4 banger.
First off YEAH ELEPHANT TALK!!!

I'm a huge Adrian Belew fan, and its nice to see one of his Crimson songs mentioned not once but twice on the forums this month. Yes, it can be played on a 4 string; I'm trying to learn to play it now on fretless. Highly recommendable.
thanks for the replys everyone, umm its hard to measure technicality, id say a bit harder than californication. but yeah. i dont know thats why im asking you guys :P
what I always say...
happy birthday normal
then crazy version (like slap it or speed it up or use fuzz and wah)
always works. makes you stick out too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yyz - rush
sick stuff man

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
my mate got an A for playing a green day song for his ensemble piece. GCSE music is piss easy
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Ah i've got the same thing mate.
In 2-3 weeks, I've decided to play "Hysteria- Muse" and "Lay Down- Priestess".
Give them two a shot if you dig their music.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
You should try anything by PanterA. 13 steps to nowhere is one of my favorites.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Charlatan_001
+1 to the RHCP comment.

"Reset" is a great song.

i had so totally 4gotten about Mute Math... i had all their stuff on my old PC b4 it crashed... and i had 4got to d/l it on my new one...

omgg....... i 4got how amazing their stuff was.
if you're talking GCSE recordings i did know your enemy by RATM for my solo and got an A/A*, cant remeber which, shouldnt be too hard to do with a group
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.