Ok I’ve gone through a lot of ideas and this is what I’ve narrowed everything down to. I’m trying to build a rig to start gigging. Tool/muse/placebo/deftones/incubus kinda music just to give you an idea. I have an ESP LTD Viper 400 with 81/85 EMG active pickups. I also own a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah. I know my collection is only small as of yet, but you gotta start somewhere ey. Also, keep in mind I live in Australia so everything costs about double of what it does in the US which is just rad.

I’m aiming to get the following:
· Arion Stage Tuner HU-8500
· Digitech Whammy
· DOD FX-25B Envelope Filter
· ENGL Screamer Head E 335
· ENGL Z-5 Footswitch
· Line 6 POD X3 Live Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

And some kind of cab, either 2x12 or 4x12, I’m not sure yet, 2nd hand is fine by me. I’m just kinda hoping something good and cheap will come and fall on my head lol. Celestion V30 speakers would be nice but apart from that, no real specifications due to no real clue lol.

Now I know I’m probs gonna be getting a lot of criticism for the POD but the thing is I’m wanting to use a ****load of FX and this seems to be the cheapest and most space-effective way to do it. If you have any other suggestions then please let me know. And in case you’re wondering, I really like the sound of the DOD and I’m not 100% sure the POD will replicate its sound, so that’s why I’m getting that as well. Besides, its hardly the most expensive pedal in the world…

Any recommendations or improvements on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Buy everything from the USA and get it shipped so its cheaper. I would go with 2 x 12 for easy moving... Thats plenty for most gigs. 4 x 12 is when you get to lots of people. Lol I want a digitech whammy. But there $600 in NZ! Good on you. Just don't run out of funds.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
yeah im thinking 2x12 too, i just hope its loud enough and stuff. and +11111111 to getting it shipped from the US lol
Dont bother importing, once the shipping and import tax stacks up, along with the exchange rate fee, the hassle isnt worth the few bucks (and i mean few) you save.

I just bought the POD, and its awesome. The tones arent exact replications, but the sounds are awesome.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
Dont bother importing, once the shipping and import tax stacks up, along with the exchange rate fee, the hassle isnt worth the few bucks (and i mean few) you save.

I just bought the POD, and its awesome. The tones arent exact replications, but the sounds are awesome.

I disagree, I import a lot of my pedal purchases and gear here from overseas and I have saved thousands on my pedalboard. For example, I bought my Diamond Memory Lane for $520 including postage and fees overseas, then found out it retails at $850 here. I saved $330, wihch I spent on a MuRF.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
yeah its definately cheaper to get stuff from overseas. for eg, i was looking at a TC electronic g-major, approx $400/$500 from the US, around 2 or 3 grand here in aus. slightly big difference
really? I was considering buying my POD from overseas (500US) and i worked out that i could import it for around 850-900-ish if i remember correctly. Without warranty of course.
I ended up buying it from a local store for 975AU

EDIT:
I disagree, I import a lot of my pedal purchases and gear here from overseas and I have saved thousands on my pedalboard. For example, I bought my Diamond Memory Lane for $520 including postage and fees overseas, then found out it retails at $850 here. I saved $330, wihch I spent on a MuRF.

Ah, yes, but remember you can bargain at local stores, whereas you cant via the 'net.
I bargained my POD from 1299RRP down to 975, which is a significant save. IMO the extra cash is worth it since i get warranty as well reducing the risk of anything else happening (lost in shipment, damaged on the way etc).

I was lucky i DID buy locally since my first POD was faulty anyway and i needed to get it replaced.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Last edited by BFun at May 13, 2008,
Quote by sideshowlinc
yeah its definately cheaper to get stuff from overseas. for eg, i was looking at a TC electronic g-major, approx $400/$500 from the US, around 2 or 3 grand here in aus. slightly big difference
Wow, don't exaggerate. It's like 750-850 AUD there.
These go to eleven...
dude i can quote a guy from a music store. perhaps he was high or off his nut, who knows but thats what he said. and i did ask "are you sure thats not the G-Force?" and he said "nah i know about the G-Force, I'm telling you the G-Major is around 2 or 3 grand. expensive unit it is."

also, whats the Vox Tonelab SE like? the discontinued one? and can anyone please answer my original question, not to be rude?
He's wrong.

G-force and the G-system are a few grand. G-Majors are ~800.

http://www.deluxeguitars.com.au/
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster