Page 1 of 2
are there any ads on TV that you just can't stand? I'm in Australia and i just hate those love calculator or cheat metre mobile ads that get played so often in prime time . what gets me is that it automatically subscribes you for $24 a week! so are there any ads on TV that piss you off, if so describe them and why you hate them here.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (EMG 81/85)
Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Behringer OD 100 Distortion/Overdrive
Beringher FX 600 Digital Multi FX
Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.

ad infinitum.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Looking for even cheeper Car Insurance?!

ELEPHANT DOT CO DOT UK!!!

D:
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
gotta agree with benjy118. we get plagued with bloody car insurance adverts all the time. i especially hate the confused.com ones

another one is national accident helpline where sum god awful looking woman slips on sum water in a lobby. but i just laugh at that one tbh
NeoDom
that freaking gummy bear ad...
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Quote by darkstar2466

ad infinitum.

Totally agree.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by darkstar2466

ad infinitum.

Ad nauseum is more like it.

The Quiznos Subs commercials a while back were pretty bad, but made for something fun to learn how to play, so you could repeat it at school.

WE LOVE THE SUBS!

THEY GOT A PEPPER BAR!

Yeah...pretty bad.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by neodom
another one is national accident helpline where sum god awful looking woman slips on sum water in a lobby. but i just laugh at that one tbh

she looks like the guy out of Little Britain in drag.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
How about the Orbit gum commercial where the two women deliver quasi-witty insults to each other?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by godthatfailed22
are there any ads on TV that you just can't stand? I'm in Australia and i just hate those love calculator or cheat metre mobile ads that get played so often in prime time . what gets me is that it automatically subscribes you for $24 a week! so are there any ads on TV that piss you off, if so describe them and why you hate them here.

Yeah, I absolutely detest them, that and the bunny "you are my sweeetest love" bull****, if you know which I mean. I would buy that if somebody brutally muredered the ****ing thing in the video. Besides, I am convinced wholeheartedly that there is a subliminal message in that.

Also, have you seen the "tall jan is malicious" thing. That was abominably stupid.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Shampoo with pearl extracts....... COME ON!!!!! There is no way in hell you can extract anything that is even remotely useful from pearls!!!! Especially for hair! Not that Ive done any research on it, but DAMN! how stupid can people get?!?!?!?
There is a big bunch of creams and stuff that people use for slowing down their aging, but herese a tip: YOU WILL ALL GET OLD AND UGLY!!!!!! NO ONE HAS ESCAPED YET! Dont waste good money on **** that has friggin moonshine in em!
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
I almost applied acid to my brain to burn away the memories of that f*cking crazy frog.

Any feminine hygeine or make-up advert.

What is it with hair product adverts and ****ing awful dubbing?

As the other guys said, car insurance adverts.

Anything involving toys for little girls. Dolls, bead things, 'polly pocket' etc.

Probably much more, but I can't think of any others.
Spam up! I f*cking hate that song with a passion! I will never eat spam because of that advert!
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Last edited by homair at May 13, 2008,
Quote by IncubusMan999
Yeah, I absolutely detest them, that and the bunny "you are my sweeetest love" bull****, if you know which I mean. I would buy that if somebody brutally muredered the ****ing thing in the video. Besides, I am convinced wholeheartedly that there is a subliminal message in that.

Also, have you seen the "tall jan is malicious" thing. That was abominably stupid.

yeah, i forgot that one its so crap, and people watse there hard earned on that!
also the ones that are like: "get this glass shattering sound on your phone. when you get a message, people will think you broke your phone!" No they wont. theyll think youre a tool - and they are right.

Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Quote by blogz

There is a big bunch of creams and stuff that people use for slowing down their aging, but herese a tip: YOU WILL ALL GET OLD AND UGLY!!!!!! NO ONE HAS ESCAPED YET! Dont waste good money on **** that has friggin moonshine in em!

We have a new craze emerging in Australia as well. Designers are bringing out signature shampoos like Sunsilk Alex Perry Glow or **** like that similar to signature guitars, it's ridiculous!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by godthatfailed22
yeah, i forgot that one its so crap, and people watse there hard earned on that!
also the ones that are like: "get this glass shattering sound on your phone. when you get a message, people will think you broke your phone!" No they wont. theyll think youre a tool - and they are right.

Haha too true. The only things I put on my phone are games, and only about 2. Honestly, you can download the sounds for free if you wan them off the Internet anyway.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
there is an advert on local radio that goes

twooooooooooooo
threeeeeeeeeeeeee
foooooooooooooooour
fiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

for agesss and it is really annoying, i dont even know what it is for
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
buy a ringtone advert "text ring6" for blah blah blah

small print this will cost you £40 a day to have this ringtone.. which we say we will send you one every week but we dont and the song we do send you is only 30 seconds long
The day that plain industrial shampoo gets on the market I`buy a barrel!! Mount it to my wall above my showers, and squirt out a little for like 50 years. Its the same stuff anyways.
Gibson SG faded
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Quote by IncubusMan999
Haha too true. The only things I put on my phone are games, and only about 2. Honestly, you can download the sounds for free if you wan them off the Internet anyway.

The thing that ****s me about that crap is that alot of people must subscribe to that stuff because where else would they get all the money to advertise 5 times in every adbreak and on every station.
Quote by ferretman
The thing that ****s me about that crap is that alot of people must subscribe to that stuff because where else would they get all the money to advertise 5 times in every adbreak and on every station.

Yep, they are stupid enough too. I hear it every now and then at school, and if I do, I usually lay into whoever set it as their ringtone.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Magero, I think it is this concept ad about growing the perfect beer or something and the quality of the beer corresponds to the attractiveness of the person with it when extracted form some plant. That's my interpretation, I just know stupid, especially considering the great quality that beer ads normally have, what with VB campaigns, The "Big ad" and what not being hilarious.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Personally, I don't want to hear about the brand new, unmissable, innovative toothbrush, with 4 new colours of slightly differently angled bristles.

Its a toothbrush. Get over yourselves.

Same applies to razors. More blades =/= better. You'll just end up with a cheesegrater for your face.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Magero
If anyone in Aus has seen the beer ad with the guy growing people in the field...
Please...explain to me what the fuck that is....

a waste of your 30 seconds. wtf is that ad about?! whoever thought "hey we should have some tool planting hairs and harvesting the beer from the people that grow inside the hair" should be shot. good to see im not the only one who is extremely annoyed by ads.

Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
The Aus ads that say "if you speed you have a small penis" =/

Oh and ads that scream at you telling you to buy their cheap products.
"You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"
Pretty much all adverts are stupid I think. The worst ones though are adverts for hair products and car ads.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

The ones in GTA are awesome!!!

"Be a winner 100% off the time!!!"
Gibson SG faded
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
four words...
*ahem*
HI I'M BARRY SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
for those who don't know who barry scott is; lucky you! he advertises a cleaning product called...
*ahem*
CILLIT BANG!

and JML. all the JML ads are Cheesy. all the JML items are useless

oh, and everything that goes "Subscribe to idiotic mobile free stuff now for £20/month and get a crappy pop track absolutely free!"

not forgetting confuzzled.com/elephant.co.uk/hastings direct/whatever.

crazy frog goes without saying, almost sent me to the point of shooting myself.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at May 13, 2008,
Quote by mcfreaki
four words...
*ahem*
HI I'M BARRY SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
for those who don't know who barry scott is; lucky you! he advertises a cleaning product called...
*ahem*
CILLIT BANG!

i love him.

you love that old coin trick don't you barry!

- mobile ringtones
- consolidate all your debts into one monthly management
- age defying ****e.
- another new car quote thing
- brand new awesome toothbrushes...
- stuff to clear pores and look fantastic afterwards!
Quote by ctb
i love him.

you love that old coin trick don't you barry!

- mobile ringtones
- consolidate all your debts into one monthly management
- age defying ****e.
- another new car quote thing
- brand new awesome toothbrushes...
- stuff to clear pores and look fantastic afterwards!

You just summed up 100% of what I see when I'm watching something interesting, and then I change channels to more of that shit.
Well I was shopping for a new car. Which ones me? A cool convertible or an SUV? Too bad I didn’t know my credit was whack, cuz now I’m driving off the lot in a used sub compact…

f-r-e-e- that spells “free”- credit report dot com baby
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Right.
First of all, I abhor all adverts in principle because they insult my intelligence. I don't need a break from the programme I am watching, and if I want to find out about products I might like to buy I'll use the fucking Internet.
In particular I detest adverts for:
- Personal injury lawyers (especially the one where it's Ruby's dad off EastEnders telling me that they're 'real lawyers')
- Calgon
- Anything aimed at housewives because it's so condescending
- Beauty products that are badly dubbed
- Services or products with fake testimonies from people who are clearly actors
- The Sun
- Anything to do with mobile phones
- Cars, normally really pretentious and don't tell you anything useful about them including the price
- Tesco, because of who it's aimed at
- Iceland (last time I checked Kerry Katona was an attention-seeking cokehead, not mother of the year)
Page 1 of 2