That's it.

Can you give some super-effective (if there are) exercises so that my pinky finger can be very strong?

Thanks.
pinky wrestling!

EDIT: I know it's off topic, but my name's Domenic to You're the first person I've ever heard of that spells it the same
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Same to you, you're also the first person to have the same spelling as mine.

Now back to the topic
Just try some chromatics:

e|1234-------
B|1234-------
G|1234-------
D|1234-------
A|1234-------
E|1234-------

Then mix it up a bit. Practice with a metronome too though. You'll build up pinky strength pretty quick.

Maybe try, on the high e, using hammer ons and pull offs using one of your fingers and then your pinky. It builds up pretty quickly if you keep with it.
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
Wide stretches with your pinky up and own the strings, like 1-4, 2-5, 3-7, etc.
Both of my pinkies are broken so they are crooked to where I can't use them. but at least I can make perfect devil horns
Trilling with your pinkie.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
I trained my left hand with wide arpeggios such as Am9 for example

-----------------15---20---------------
-----------13--------------13----------
------16-----------------------16------
-14---------------------------------14-

etc
:-D helped me out in the musicians forum by suggesting I try a trill with large reach.

Instead of 5h8p5 try 5h10p5

or if you can (I can't) 5h12p5

Do those for a few minutes and it makes more realistic trills much easier.

Chromatic scales with a metronome are always good too.
Try doing this for several hours

tr tr tr
|----3----|
H H H
-1(4)-2(4)-3(4)

EDIT: A little hard to read, but it's trilling from the first fret to the fourth, then the second to fourth and then the third to fourth. Use your pinky for the fourth fret all the time, and the appropriate fingers for the other frets.
Last edited by Boz0r at May 14, 2008,
Quote by gloryindeath
Just try some chromatics:

e|1234-------
B|1234-------
G|1234-------
D|1234-------
A|1234-------
E|1234-------

Then mix it up a bit. Practice with a metronome too though. You'll build up pinky strength pretty quick.

Maybe try, on the high e, using hammer ons and pull offs using one of your fingers and then your pinky. It builds up pretty quickly if you keep with it.

Do you know how long and strong [lol] your pinky would have to be to play that?

:P He means to play 1234 then go up and play it on the next string. Also mix up the pattern a bit. Try trilling with your pinky too, as others have said.
Play acoustic guitar and three note per string scales on it, and make sure you use your pinky when playing them.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
I always liked the 1234 chromatis, and especially a variation on that, namely 2-3-4 on every string. Number = finger.
Quote by fixationdarknes
Amazing. How did you conjure that insight?

Common sense and experience.

you want to get good at using the pinky...... use it.
Practice bending and vibrato with it, with your 3rd finger on the fret behind it.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Towards the end of the Tornado of souls solo, by megadeth, there is a really speedy, stretched out, legatoish lick. It will help you train to maintain control of your pinky.
go to the lessons area on this website and look up "correct Practice" theirs alot of stuff in theere that can help you
Quote by rolling_stoner
pinky wrestling!

EDIT: I know it's off topic, but my name's Domenic to You're the first person I've ever heard of that spells it the same

Im just Dominick, i feel left out