I've been contemplating getting this pedal.
I know that Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree uses one and gets fantastic fuzz and distortion out of it.

I am confused as what I should get however. Their website offers so many different types of resistor and such, which should I choose?
Also, where would be the best place to one in the UK?
Lastly, I use a power bank to power my pedals, would I be able to power the Sun Face using a cable from the power bank?

My equipment is: Fender Blues Junior --> Line Six DL4 ---> Boss CS-3 ---> Marshall Bluesbreaker MK1 ---> Marshall Drivemaster MK1 ---> Boss ME50 ---> Sovtek Big Muff ---> Dunlop Classic Crybaby ---> 70's Classic Player Fender Stratocaster

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by FreedomFighter at May 13, 2008,
I have the Sun Lion, which is a Sun Face and Beano Boost in one pedal. It's incredible. I highly recommend the Sun Face if you're after a vintage fuzz tone. Mine didn't come with any options, so I didn't investigate them. Your best bet would probably be to email Analog.man and ask him your questions about what to get and where to get it.

Quote by FreedomFighter
Lastly, I use a power bank to power my pedals, would I be able to power the Sun Face using a cable from the power bank?

This I can answer: No.

There is no AC connection on the pedal, and Mike will suggest that you use cheap alkaline batteries to run his fuzz pedals. Go to his website, and there's soundclips of the pedal with different batteries in it.

Great stop for a tone addict.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Cheers for your recommendations. I think I will check out the Sun Lion as well. =]

Pity about the AC, :/ I am mainly after an AC powered fuzz pedal. I get paranoid so the last thing I want is when I'm on stage, my pedal cuts out! :/ lol

ANy other good Fuzz recommendations? I already have a Big Muff, but being Sovtek, it has no AC.
Quote by FreedomFighter
Cheers for your recommendations. I think I will check out the Sun Lion as well. =]

Pity about the AC, :/ I am mainly after an AC powered fuzz pedal. I get paranoid so the last thing I want is when I'm on stage, my pedal cuts out! :/ lol

ANy other good Fuzz recommendations? I already have a Big Muff, but being Sovtek, it has no AC.

I got my Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz in January/February. It's only ever had one battery in it, and it's still going strong. Yes, the pedal's input is always plugged in, too.

Fuzzes last forever on batteries.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild