Hey guys, I'm here with another guitar versus mode. I've actually been craving for a V-type guitar ever since I played my friend's old Ibanez V-Blade. It was pretty cool but since it's been discontinued (for now anyway) and my friend ain't selling his, I decided to look around and I found some mighty nice V-shaped guitars.

Dean Razorback V

- I for one, like this more than the Razorback, which hurts to play sometimes because of the top spike that digs into your chest. While I still prefer Ibanez Wizard necks, the Dean neck has grown on me somewhat. Their prices still do irk me though...

Dean Dave Mustaine VMNT

- As far as looks go, this one is my favorite. Mustaine's guitars are usually very nice n' playable and although I haven't had the chance to try this one, I have tried his previous signature guitar with ESP and it played and sounded great.

ESP SV Standard

- I've always liked how Alexi Laiho's signature ESP looked but I hated how it only had one pickup. The SV Standard has two EMG 81's and Original Floyd Rose. The cutaway looks sweet and ideal for playing really high up to the 24th fret. This guitar is apparently only available in Japan and in Europe.

ESP Michael Amott Ninja

- Probably one of the coolest looking V guitars I've ever seen, along with the Dean VMNT. It's also got my pickup preference which is the Seymour Duncan JB/'59 combo. And, while I liked the earlier Ninja model with the pickguard, the finish on this one is just too awesome.

I wanted to include some Jackson models here as well but I know abysmally little about them and their models. I do know that Randy Rhoads used to play Jackson guitars but they don't milk him nearly as much as Dean does Dimebag
personally, i like the Jackson King V the most of all the V-shaped guitars. the KV2 in particular, but i think the KVX10 is quite good as well if your on a budget...
If you like Ibanez V guitars, I'd look around ebay and other places for an old Ibanez RocketRoll II V, used by Buckethead and Paul Gilbert most notably.
You can get them hardtail or with a trem I believe.

But out of those I'd say the ESP SV
Quote by Vindicator
personally, i like the Jackson King V the most of all the V-shaped guitars. the KV2 in particular, but i think the KVX10 is quite good as well if your on a budget...

+1
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
The upper fret access on all of those except the Dean loks pretty bad. Try a Gibson V before you write it off, it plays great and sounds awesome for metal.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Either DEAN. Because the necks OWN!
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by Ichimaru
The upper fret access on all of those except the Dean loks pretty bad. Try a Gibson V before you write it off, it plays great and sounds awesome for metal.

Was gonna say, especially the ESP, looks like anything above 18 is gonna be a pain in the arse
SV Standard. Get it. It's amazing.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by pfizer
ESP SV Standard

- I've always liked how Alexi Laiho's signature ESP looked but I hated how it only had one pickup. The SV Standard has two EMG 81's and Original Floyd Rose. The cutaway looks sweet and ideal for playing really high up to the 24th fret. This guitar is apparently only available in Japan and in Europe.

Not even in Europe.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Not even in Europe.

There are a few places that sell it, methinks. If not, the SV-FR is a great guitar too. Just doesn't have the pinstripes and it has Duncans instead of EMGs. And the Edwards E-RV-148 is a great alternative as well.
This Jackson RR is one of the most sexy V shaped guitars ive ever seen. Not that ugly alexi ESP monster. The Jackson. *drool*
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
This Jackson RR is one of the most sexy V shaped guitars ive ever seen. Not that ugly alexi ESP monster. The Jackson. *drool*

That guitar that Roope is playing is damn sexy. Is that his old Jackson sig? I can't recall if he actually had one or not...
Quote by LP_CL

Jackson RR totaly owns the ESP SV. More beautiful, more small and a much more beautiful headstock.
Cheers
Dude, where is the Jackson love??

Jackson Stars RR-J2P

Jackson RR24

Jackson RR5

And the holy RR1!

Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
The ESP SV sounds better than any other Jackson I've ever played (and I love RR's), which is why I bought one myself. They honestly play and sound better than most custom shops I've come across as well.

They cost around $2500, though.
the jackson v's are amazing and there is no comparison to them(IMO). also if you like the razorback v design check out the new demmelition that is coming out from jackson. it is supposed to be really awesome
Quote by Op3a
Jackson RR totaly owns the ESP SV. More beautiful, more small and a much more beautiful headstock.
Cheers

Quote by ironman1478
the jackson v's are amazing and there is no comparison to them(IMO). also if you like the razorback v design check out the new demmelition that is coming out from jackson. it is supposed to be really awesome

Wow.

Granted, with Op3a, you're perfectly entitled to say that you think the RR looks better than the ESP in your opinion. But have you even played both of them, or seen both of them in person?

And Ironman, if you think that Jackson V's are the absolute best, great. But unless you've played these other guitars, you'd be stupid to claim that without knowing anything about how these other guitars compare.
Quote by Delanoir
Wow.

Granted, with Op3a, you're perfectly entitled to say that you think the RR looks better than the ESP in your opinion. But have you even played both of them, or seen both of them in person?

And Ironman, if you think that Jackson V's are the absolute best, great. But unless you've played these other guitars, you'd be stupid to claim that without knowing anything about how these other guitars compare.

i have played all but the sv(which i have heard good things about) and i am really not impressed with them. also i do think they are the best and if you are saying they arent you havent played a quality jackson v
Quote by ironman1478
i have played all but the sv(which i have heard good things about) and i am really not impressed with them. also i do think they are the best and if you are saying they arent you havent played a quality jackson v

Trust me, I've played all kinds of Jacksons. New, old. Japan, Usa. Custom, and standard.

The only Jacksons that are as good, or at best a little better, than the ESP SV, are the ones from the Custom Shop. And even then, not all of them. I can only imagine what a Custom shop ESP RV/SV would be like. I haven't had a chance to play one yet. Hopefully soon.
Quote by Orbit91
If money's no object, a Caparison Orbit.

how much are those in the US?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Personnally, I have a dean cemetary gates, and it sounds and plays amazing. Unlike most metal guitars, it sounds great with metal and soft songs. It also sounds freaking amazing under heavy distortion! As for the price, it pays for itself in the end.
I don't mind being knocked off, ridiculed, made to feel miniscule, if you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful.
- SlipKnoT
Quote by Delanoir
Trust me, I've played all kinds of Jacksons. New, old. Japan, Usa. Custom, and standard.

The only Jacksons that are as good, or at best a little better, than the ESP SV, are the ones from the Custom Shop. And even then, not all of them. I can only imagine what a Custom shop ESP RV/SV would be like. I haven't had a chance to play one yet. Hopefully soon.

uh-oh someone else has an opinion that contradicts with your own?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by ibanez_2892
how much are those in the US?

DONT BUY ONE THEY ARE UGLY AS ASS
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by .Jamison
DONT BUY ONE THEY ARE UGLY AS ASS

If they are ugly then why not just change the hardware (gold would be nice)...?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?