So over the next few months im going so start picking up / Trying out pedals, to build myself a nice Small pedalboard.

Heres a few things i Deffinitly will be getting:

A nice OD pedal - Somthing which can help me get a more "Modern Rock" overdrive sound out of my amp (Classic 30). I want it to be pretty versitile too (Think Foo Fighters, Muse, Coheed and Cambria ,Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine).

[ If this is not possibe maybe a Fuzz / DS aswell as an overdrive? ]

Chorus.

Delay - I love the look of the memory man, however in a live situation i wouldent be able to make use of its delay/chorus capabilities in the same song I guess? Hence the need for a seperate Delay and Chorus.

Somthing to power it all?

Is there anything else people concider (In their own opinion) a must have on thier pedal board?

I dont have a budget as such although you can imagine anything hugely expensive could be out of the question... Although i dont mind spending a fair bit on a really good OD pedal...

I know at the end of the day most things are preference, but as you can imagine there are so many options i cant just go into a music shop and try every OD / Chorus / Delay they have =P

Any opinions / suggestions apreciated!
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
For an OD, you really just need to go out and try all the usual suspects... TS9, TS808, OCD, Jekyll & Hyde etc. There are so many you just need to find one that works.

Delay/Chorus wise... Visual Sound H20 is pretty nice or so I hear. If you wanted to go for two single pedals, the deluxe memory man always gets my vote for delay, though if you wanted something more versatile you could go for a TC Electronics Nova Delay, Line 6 DL4, etc. At the other end of the spectrum if you want something with more features but cheaper, the Boss DD6 is a decent pedal, and I hear good things about the Line 6 Echo Park/Digitech Digidelay too. Chorus-wise, EHX Small Clone is the most obvious choice. I'm not too well up on Chorus pedals so I'll leave that to someone else.

For powering it all, I'd look at the visual sound onespot. Fairly cheap and does the job well.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
As regards overdrive, I had some good luck getting muse-esque sounds out of a Russian Big Muff Pi, may want to look at one of those (especially as they're quite cheap). I found with mine that it was good for lead but hard to get a decent rhythm sound out of.
For delay, I have had both a DD-6 and a Line 6 DL-4, and I can tell you instantly that the Line 6 is worth every penny more that it costs. In fact I'm saving up to get another one after downgrading to the DD-6.
Cool.

The Fulltone OCD and a Maxon 808 are deffinitly top of my list of overdrives to test out =D

And yeah i know very little about chorus' really so i dont really know where to start!

I love the memory man, but im not sure i can justify spending that kind of money on it if im buying a chorus pedal aswell as it..
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

Another question to add while im at it.

Wheres the best place to put an OD pedal?

Guitar > OD > Amp

Or through the FX loop?
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

Quote by Tom!!
Guitar > OD > Amp

That's the way.

On the delay, if you really like the Deluxe Memory Man, you may want to try out the new MXR Carbon Copy. It's getting very good reviews as an analog delay pedal. About $200, so you could get that and an EHX Small Clone for your chorus needs and be all set.

I agree with Timi on OD's. There's so many, and it's such a personal choice. I'd be willing to recommend the VS Jekyll & Hyde for you, though. It's a TS808 on one side and a distortion pedal on the other. Might be exactly what you're looking for for some more modern sounds.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks guys!

I may be visiting some music shops either this weekend or next so i can try out some pedals while my mate trys out some bass amps =D
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx