Quote by UncleCthulhu
I'd imagine pretty high.

Anyway, it's not that hard to experiment.

I think it might be because you would have to balance the pickups out and I got no idea on any basic measurements for each pickup plus I have a humbucker
EDIT: ok... these are my original measurements (measurements are taken from top of pole piece to bottom of string)
Note: this is the measurements with the last fret depressed

Neck - Bass: 2.5mm Treble: 3mm
Middle - Bass: 3.5mm Treble: 3.5
Bridge - Bass: 2mm Treble: 2mm

does anyone no how much further I could go before i get problems
Last edited by striker327 at May 14, 2008,
Bump: I was thinking something a long the lines of

Neck - Bass: 3mm Treble: 2.5
Middle - Bass: 3mm Treble: 2.5
Bridge(humbucker) - Bass: 2mm Treble: 2mm

would these measurements be ok?
well Stevie likes to have alot of Bass and uses the Neck Pickup so that sounds about right..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Hell Couldn't tell you to be honest I have no clue about what your talking about.. all I know is Raise pickups tends to add a brighter Tone.. I just stated a Bassy Hot Single Coil Neck Pickup should get you a pretty good Stevie Tone.. Im interested to learn what adjustments your adjusting for Treble and Bass.. Sorry I couldn't help but I've only been playing for about 4 months..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
thats ok thanx anyways.. by the way I'm talking about adjusting pickup height the higher it is the more punch and balls it will have, but it does come with a down side too
Try giving Fender a call. Perhaps you can speak with the guys in the Custom Shop. They should be able to give you well informed info concerning your question.

If you go too high (or too close) your bottom end will get muddy. You’ll be able to hear it. Also, your low E’s tuning will get unstable as the pickups magnet will be pulling on the strings too much. You’ll be able to see that on your tuner.

If ya' call, post the response here. It may benefit others.
Trav
ok thanx for your reply.. I don't think I give them a call because I'v settled for these measurements

Neck Pickup -
Bass - 2.5mm
Treble - 3mm

Middle -
Bass - 3.5mm
Treble - 3mm

Bridge (humbucker) -
Bass - 2mm
Treble - 2mm
humbucker may seem a little louder either that or it just sounds really thin with SRV settings