Although I'm a "band", I have a side project that deals with less depressing subject matter, and this is the first product of that project. Enjoy, and lemme know what I need to do to develop it.

I'M ON VERSION 2 NOW.

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/depantsificationproclamation/music/all/play300432/

LYRICS

It was summertime, it was cool to play outside,
running through the grass with no shoes on, bottom of my feet were like rawhide,
It was a good time, to be alive,
cuts and bruises, all over me, jumpin in puddles and climbin trees,

CHORUS: "Idon't want to go inside"

summertime, everyone's outside,
making out with a girl under a tree, hidin out so nobody would see,
good time, to be alive,
swimmin at the pool all day and night, it was groovy, man ,it was outta sight,

Seasons end, this summer will send us
into fall, back to school halls
but my friends we can still just pretend,
summers forever, nothing is better,

summertime, watermelon and chicken thighs,
playing tag all night and you never got caught, the best hiding spots, couldn't be taught,
good time, to be alive,
Mom's callin you to come back in, wave bye to your friends cause you'll see 'em again,

Last edited by Airman Kai at May 15, 2008,
Quote by Beings_Mythos
I really liked it. Could be a bit longer though, and with drums and bass.

Yah, I thought about it, but it's just a concept right now. I'll develop it more, if it warrants it.
I liked it, had a nice summery feel to it, which is what you were going for i guess. Vocals could use some work, maybe some brushed drums and acoustic bass maybe?
Potential to be a good song 7/10
Quote by andyscoot
I liked it, had a nice summery feel to it, which is what you were going for i guess. Vocals could use some work, maybe some brushed drums and acoustic bass maybe?
Potential to be a good song 7/10

Added a minimal drummer (programmed) and a bridge. Also, I'm singing it an octave or two lower in v2, so lemme know if that's a thumbs up or down.
thnx for the crit dude

i just listened to it and honestly...its not bad . i liked it but the singing wasn't my taste. guitar wasn't bad but i'd definitely like to hear more drums, by that i mean it needs some snare and rhythm. i liked the singing rhythm and guitar. overall great song dude
The songs good, I like your voice a lot, you clearly have a lot of control of it if you can hit the high pitch in version one and the lows of version 2

-I feel the guitar is too bassy in v.2
-You could bring your vocals up a bit
-possibly add a second guitar part or some other instrumentation
-mix up the drums a bit?

Otherwise i really enjoyed this. C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860454
Too much gain = Ears in pain