I'm back and still trying to play the guitar. First off wanna say thanks to all the people who have been replying to all my posts. My question here is: can anyone show me a site, give me some advice, etc. on pinky exercises? I want to unretard my pinky so it will work right.
- one hand tapping making excessive use of your pinky?
- playing powerchords with your index and pinky.
- make large bends using your pinky (not only your pinky ofc, don't wanna hurt you :P)

good luck m8
Scales, 1 finger to a fret stuff. This includes chromatic scales. Trills with your pinky, hammer ons and pull offs with the pinky. Bend with the pinky (with the help from other fingers) and as suggested, tapping is a good way to increase pinky dexterity.
I have this exercise thing that is great for improving finger strength. It's this little thing you hold and it has springs in it and you just squeeze it. You can either have the grip on one side and then the part you squeeze is solid and you ahve to squeeze with all 4 fingers, or move the grip to the other side and then you can squeeze it with a certain finger. It's hard to explain.

Actually, here's a picture

The grip can be moved to the other side like I said too. It's a really good thing to have. All the other posts up there are also good exercises. Good luck!

Keenan
I have this exercise thing that is great for improving finger strength. It's this little thing you hold and it has springs in it and you just squeeze it. You can either have the grip on one side and then the part you squeeze is solid and you ahve to squeeze with all 4 fingers, or move the grip to the other side and then you can squeeze it with a certain finger. It's hard to explain.

Actually, here's a picture

The grip can be moved to the other side like I said too. It's a really good thing to have. All the other posts up there are also good exercises. Good luck!

Keenan[

Do that really work as far as training your pinky? If so, where do i get one?