ok first of all my tuner dosnt have drop c on it and i really wanna play a song by ateyu their my favorite band but can anyone tell to make which fret match which
tune the 6th string (low E) to C, 5th string octave will be on the 7th fret of the 6th string (instead of the 5th fret because the 6th string is drop), the rest of the strings will be the same frets you use when octave tuning in standard.

drop c=CGCfad
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
r u stupid??? your tuner doesn't have to have drop c on it... tou just tune tour strings to the notes that you need to for drop c.... 8-|
Im sure you can tune a 1/2 step down right????.....just tune a half step down and then throw it in drop d...Drop c is just drop D a 1/2 step down...get what im saying?
Quote by anandrew407
ok first of all my tuner dosnt have drop c on it and i really wanna play a song by ateyu their my favorite band but can anyone tell to make which fret match which

Get a chromatic tuner and you can...the guitar/bass tuners are crap for alternate tunings
Quote by Raider76
Im sure you can tune a 1/2 step down right????.....just tune a half step down and then throw it in drop d...Drop c is just drop D a 1/2 step down...get what im saying?

wrong, that's drop D-flat (or drop C#) drop C is 1/2 step below that or one whole step below drop D
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Raider76

ur thinin of c # dropp c is cgcfad and if u tune all to 1 step down then do the same as if u did dropp d
Drop D is a full step down, not a half step down. Thus, Drop C is two fell steps down from E.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Just tune by ear. It's a simple, technical method that requires no musicality whatsoever.

Play the 7th fret on the 6th string and the open 5th string at the same time, and listen to the two notes wavering/making a "wowowowow" sound. Turn the tuner with your right hand until it goes from "wowowow" to "woooowoooowoooow" to "woooooooooooo" and when the two notes lay completely still, you're in tune.
Quote by CrushedCan
Drop D is a full step down, not a half step down. Thus, Drop C is two fell steps down from E.

just so nobody get's confused....this is true for the low string only. the whole point of drop D is that the low E string is tuned one step down to D while the rest of the strings remain unaffected. So drop C means the low E is down two steps (as crushed can said) while the other five strings are only droped down one full step, in other words drop D+another whole step down=drop C
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Aziraphale
Just tune by ear. It's a simple, technical method that requires no musicality whatsoever.

Play the 7th fret on the 6th string and the open 5th string at the same time, and listen to the two notes wavering/making a "wowowowow" sound. Turn the tuner with your right hand until it goes from "wowowow" to "woooowoooowoooow" to "woooooooooooo" and when the two notes lay completely still, you're in tune.

yeah the note will modulate if you are off by a few cents and when it is tuned right the note is in unison and you can hardly her it
First off, does your tuner have a button on it labeled "flat"? If it does, push it twice and tune to standard. Then push it two more times and tune the low E string. That will put you in drop C.

If your tuner doesn't have such a button, see if your tuner can already do alternate tunings. Drop C is C-G-C-F-A-D, so try tuning each string down until the corresponding note shows up and is in tune.

If neither of those work, you're gonna have to tune it manually. Assuming you know how to tune to standard using the 5th fret method, tune to drop D. Do this by holding down the 7th fret on the low E string instead of the 5th fret and tuning it to match the A string. Then tune all the strings to D standard using the normal 5th fret method, basing it off of the low E which is now in D. Once in D standard, drop the low E string once again by holding the 7th fret. This will put you in drop C.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by tommynel2003
its just drop d with evrything down a whole step and make sure you hav 11s or 12s

I use Ernie Skinny top heavy bottom and it works fine for me. 10s btw.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by Phry
I use Ernie Skinny top heavy bottom and it works fine for me. 10s btw.

I've got 10's too, it's a matter of sound preference. It's the 9's that'll intonate horribly when you detune.
Quote by Raider76
most people call my way drop C...because its more common

I'm sorry, if anyone does that, they need to learn music from the ground up again, your way (or the statement you posted) was very wrong.

E STANDARD- "normal" tuning
D STANDARD- A full step down, so you would tune the 6th string to the 5th string on the 7th fret, just add two more frets to the normal tuning process.

DROP C - When in D standard (two half steps down) tune the 6th string to the 5th string on the 9th fret.

All tunings that are proceeded by "drop" are only used when the 6th string is dropped a FULL step. Any tunings followed by "standard" means all the strings are tuned to the same fret (minus the 3rd string, it's always one fret lower.)
Quote by Raider76
most people call my way drop C...because its more common

you're an idiot and all your guitarist friends are idiots then if you cant understand enough theory to know that drop c is a whole step below drop d (not 1/2 a step as you stated). you can call the sky pink all you want, but that wont change the fact that it's blue
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
what i do is is hold the 2nd fret and check on my tuner if it's a D. if the 2nd fret is D, then open string is C
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by shredhead22
you're an idiot and all your guitarist friends are idiots then if you cant understand enough theory to know that drop c is a whole step below drop d (not 1/2 a step as you stated). you can call the sky pink all you want, but that wont change the fact that it's blue

the sky is not blue. the way our eyes see it is blue. to other organisms it can be anything. dogs are color blind and when somebody or something is color blinded all they see is gold and white so you cannot state that the sky is blue as a fact
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Here's how I do it.

Drop your low E to a D, by using the 7th fret and tuning harmonically.
Then tune your A string down a step by using the 5th fret of the 6th string, and tune the rest of the strings harmonically that way.
Now you're in D standard. Drop your low D to a C by using the 7th fret again. Tada!
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
the sky is not blue. the way our eyes see it is blue. to other organisms it can be anything. dogs are color blind and when somebody or something is color blinded all they see is gold and white so you cannot state that the sky is blue as a fact

you're missing the point. Plus i was expecting some smartass comment like that anyways.

...BTW use the edit button instead of double posting
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke

If you want to get technical - you're wrong about color blindness. You can be color blind to only certain colors (EX. my ex history teacher couldn't see the color red - it looked green to him.) OR you can be full on color blind where you only see shades of gray, it depends which type of color blindness you get. Also, interesting fact, males cannot be carriers of color blindness; we are either color blind or not, because we only have one X gene. Females though, because it is a sex chromosome trait and because they have two X chromosomes can be a carrier because the disease is dominant and not recessive.

That's right, I'm ****in' amazing

And shredhead; I see your point lol
Drop D your guitar. (Strike A string and tune E to match sound).
Then tune like normally on a Standard EADGBE but you're just matching it to D standard, DGCFAD. Then strike G and tune down D to match the sound/octave.
Sounds confusing I know.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by shredhead22

OK im sorry i dont call eveyrthing to its exact name...Im not ****in mozart, and neither are you so you need to shut the **** up and stop acting like you know so much...If its 4:59 and someone asks you the time you would most likely say 5:00 oclock right???...Who gives a ****
Quote by Raider76
If its 4:59 and someone asks you the time you would most likely say 5:00 oclock right???...Who gives a ****

yes, but if someone asks me how to tune to drop C, i would tell them drop C and not C#. otherwise they'de be a quarter step off
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Raider76
OK im sorry i dont call eveyrthing to its exact name...Im not ****in mozart, and neither are you so you need to shut the **** up and stop acting like you know so much...If its 4:59 and someone asks you the time you would most likely say 5:00 oclock right???...Who gives a ****

If you play a C# chord and everyone else in your band is playing C, and you don't know it/understand it/care about it, then I feel very sorry for your band and those who listen to your band.

Telling C from C# isn't knowing much, it's knowing anything. And it has nothing to do with Mozart or clocks.
Quote by shredhead22
just so nobody get's confused....this is true for the low string only. the whole point of drop D is that the low E string is tuned one step down to D while the rest of the strings remain unaffected. So drop C means the low E is down two steps (as crushed can said) while the other five strings are only droped down one full step, in other words drop D+another whole step down=drop C

Thanks for the backup homie.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by CrushedCan
Thanks for the backup homie.

Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless