I really want a Stratocaster. Anyway, can anybody give me the differences between
Fender Standard Stratocasters (About $400)
Fender American Standard Stratocasters (About $1000)
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster (About $630)
and Fender American Deluxe Stratocasters (About $1250)

Any differences in hardware, tone, and overall quality will be helpful
(The Fender American Deluxe Stratocasters are more expensive than the others, but specifics would really help)
American Standard is made in America and rocks.
I've got one myself and I would definitely suggest it.
the electronics...your get what u pay for when it comes with guitars...i have a standard strat with Jeff Beck noiseless pickups in it and it sounds great and I love it. Also the price is higher because of the wood used and what part of the tree it came from. The more you pay the better quality of instrument you will get...for the most part...and then there is my buddy who bought the Highway One Stratocaster ($700) and it was a piece of ****.
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Quote by bass_monkey
Aren't the Fender Standards Mexican made? and very hit and miss?

ya its definitely hit or miss....thank god I hit a homer with mine because Ive played others and was like, "wow this sucks".
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Some times when supply is low the Mexican manufacturers will substitute The Alder in the bodies with Alder cores.
Here are two great links as it relates to MIM or MIA.

http://www.stagebeat.co.uk/index.php?page_id=30007

http://www.shrublands.com/strat/

personally i think the MIM is great value but there are some lemons so def play first absolutely any time that you can. you will not be able to tell by pictures on eHay or checking the serial number. i will also go on record in saying that the MIA is def better and will hold it's value longer.

;
I'm pretty sure that once I get the money, I'll get an American Standard

... now I just have to find a job
The only significant difference between stratocasters are the neck and electronics. plus the given build quality. just go to a guitar shop and play all the strats they have and see which one you like.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Karvid
I'm pretty sure that once I get the money, I'll get an American Standard

... now I just have to find a job

Thats my vote, but if you want to get it cheaper, look around the clearence racks at your guitar center or sam ash, or even online, because they released a new series of american strats in '08, the '07's and lower are going on major discount (thats how I got mine for $600)
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
I went to my local guitar store today and I played one of their American Standards with a maple neck. It felt really good but what are the differences between maple and rosewood necks? I didn't have time to try out the Rosewood one, but the Maple one felt really comfortable to play with.
Quote by Karvid
I really want a Stratocaster. Anyway, can anybody give me the differences between
Fender Standard Stratocasters (About $400)
Fender American Standard Stratocasters (About $1000)
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster (About $630)
and Fender American Deluxe Stratocasters (About $1250)

Any differences in hardware, tone, and overall quality will be helpful
(The Fender American Deluxe Stratocasters are more expensive than the others, but specifics would really help)

Overview of all the Strats: http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?section=guitars&cat=stratocaster

Wiring & Parts for Strats: http://www.fender.com/support/wiring_diagrams_parts_lists.php#stratocaster