first excuse my english pleas...^^

Its a stupid question, but how much hours of intensive practicing should spend each day to become a serious metal guitarist like Kirk Hammett?

thx
at least 26 a day...
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
kirk hammett was taught by joe satriani, so about 48 hours a day
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
a lot
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
wow set the bar low there lol ... kirk hammet??

why not practice all day and be michael angelo batio??

that wud be cool
until you don't want to practice anymore, and then 2 hours more after that
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
^ lol, pretty much. really though practice as long as you can mentally focus on it. not playing etc, actual PRACTICE and there is a difference. if you can only actually focus on it for 10 minutes a day then do it 10 minutes a day. the reason being if you're not focusing on proper technique and training your fingers and paying attention to all the little nuances then you're essentially not really ingraining something into your hands/muscle memory/brain. in which case you might as well not be practicing at all (might as well just jam a song you know and have fun at that point)

and don't listen to casper, hammetts a pretty good guitarist and personally i find what he does far more aurally pleasing than MAB.
Quote by z4twenny
really though practice as long as you can mentally focus on it. not playing etc, actual PRACTICE and there is a difference. if you can only actually focus on it for 10 minutes a day then do it 10 minutes a day. the reason being if you're not focusing on proper technique and training your fingers and paying attention to all the little nuances then you're essentially not really ingraining something into your hands/muscle memory/brain. in which case you might as well not be practicing at all (might as well just jam a song you know and have fun at that point)

+1 good advice.
It's very simple; quality is much better than quantity.

Here's the best advice I can offer: practice for as long as you're actually thinking consciously about everything you do. Practice doesn't make perfect; practicing perfectly makes perfect.