quick question, does excessive bending, like bending up 3 fretts(a tone and a half) or 4 fretts bad for guitar strings/guitar? i do it alot when solo-ing but ive often wondered whether it does ant damage...does it?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I better inform Steve Vai to stop playing bad horsie if it does

Why?
He has enough guitars to replace all his bends by neck-bends.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Haha you're right there, however live he plays Bad Horsie on Mojo, being one of his three main guitars, he wouldn't want to break it (lest he spends anouther large sum of money on the LEDs and Lasers on it).
umm u mention bending the neck. I thought it was a joke but how do you bend the neck?
Quote by The-Ben
umm u mention bending the neck. I thought it was a joke but how do you bend the neck?

Push or pull it. Heres how to.
1. Grab Headstock
2. Grab body
3 Pull/push headstock while trying to keep body as still as possible.
That's all there is to it.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
so picking up the guitar by the neck is ok. and pushing the neck fowards aslong as the guitar goes with it
Not much effect with a set-neck guitar like an LP, but you can get a nice sounding bend on a bolt-on neck guitar.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by The-Ben
so picking up the guitar by the neck is ok. and pushing the neck fowards aslong as the guitar goes with it
I wouldn't do it, You could break the neck.
hmmm....i just tried neck bending on my cheap strat and it done about a semitone, will this damage it and will any further *really* damage it?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Yeah that'll damage it, the neck joint (no matter what sort of neck joint it is) is always a huge weak spot on your guitar.
Quote by FRDesign
I wouldn't do it, You could break the neck.

Which one, picking up the guitar by the neck, or pushing the neck forward with the guitar?
Doesn't slash like bend the neck in the end of sweet child o' mine?
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
bad for neck i believe but thats only if you do it a lot and hold them for long periods of time. goes out of tune depending on guitar too.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack