From Ozzfest.com

OZZFEST--the original and iconic hard rock festival--returns in 2008 as a one-day stadium spectacular that teams OZZFEST founder and namesake Ozzy Osbourne (in his only U.S. concert appearance this summer) with Metallica (marking their OZZFEST debut).

Produced by Sharon Osbourne and AEG LIVE, the all-day festival at Pizza Hut Park in hard music-loving Dallas will feature three stages of non-stop talent (with many OZZFEST alumni) and reliably twisted OZZFEST side attractions.

The full main stage lineup will also spotlight performances by Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis (Korn), Cavalera Conspiracy, Shadows Fall, Apocalyptica and In This Moment. Also scheduled on the main stage is a special all-star tribute to slain Pantera guitarist ‘Dimebag’ Darrell Abbott. Second stage acts include Sevendust, Devildriver, Kingdom of Sorrow, Soilent Green, Witchcraft and Goat*****. The Texas (third) stage—“an homage to the “many great metal bands that come from Texas,” says Sharon Osbourne--features The Sword, Drowning Pool and Rigor Mortis.

“Ozzy just finished an 11-month world tour so I think he deserves a summer off,” Sharon says about this year’s one-day OZZFEST. “We’re going to be a stadium destination festival for now--we have gone past doing the sheds every summer. We’ve given everyone else the blueprint and we have to keep evolving OZZFEST. This is just the beginning; AEG Live and I have a lot of new ideas for OZZFEST.”

This year’s dynamic line-up encompasses artists who’ve played OZZFEST before in different incarnations such as Serj Tankian (System of a Down); Jonathan Davis (Korn); Hellyeah’s Vinnie Paul (Pantera) and Chad Gray (Mudvayne); Kingdom of Sorrow’s Jamie Jasta (Hatebreed) and Kirk Windstein (Down); and Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Sepultura) of Cavalara Conspiracy. Other OZZFEST graduates include Shadows Fall, Sevendust, Devildriver, Drowning Pool and In This Moment.

“Ozzy has great relationships with all of the bands that have played OZZFEST,” says Sharon. “We’re the only real festival for harder edge bands and these artists have been very loyal to us--there is lots of love on this line-up.”

Tickets for this year’s OZZFEST will go on sale Saturday, May 31.

What does everyone think of this decision? I searched and didn't see a thread on this yet, so, discuss.
I saw this earlier. I'm pissed because Sounds of the Underground cancelled this year because they felt they couldn't compete with Ozzfest, so SOTU is cancelled for no good reason, and SOTU is a damn good tour. Ozzfest this year is a shit lineup. Much more so than ever before.
There's not one band on the lineup I'd give two shits about seeing.
Last edited by saxaxe at May 13, 2008,
Wow, i didn't know about Sounds, that really sucks, especially with this happening with Ozzfest.
Metallica is also schedualed to play dumbass.
from MetClub.com

"Ozzfest in Dallas on August 9, 2008

You've been speculating for weeks now, and as www.ozzfest.com posted this morning, we will indeed be joining Ozzy, Serj, Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis, Apocalyptica, and lots of other cool bands in Dallas on Saturday, August 9, 2008 for Ozzfest at Pizza Hut Park. Click here for the full lineup

Tickets go on sale on May 31 . . . there will also be a presale for you MetClub members. . . more details to come."
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Hmmm that doesnt sound like a great lineup, the only thing that really caught my eye was the all star tribute to dimebag, anybody know hwo thatll be?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
lineup mostly sucks. id like to see Metallica and Serj. thats about it. Ozzy isnt good anymore.

id consider going just for Metallica, but since its only one show, and its in Texas, that wont be happening.
Oh God, that entire lineup is terrible!!! The only one I'd consider seeing is Ozzy...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by sdmf5150
From Ozzfest.com

“We’re the only real festival for harder edge bands and these artists have been very loyal to us--there is lots of love on this line-up.”

haha

I love Ozzy and Metallica, but Ozzfest is a joke. Keep it True and Wacken are miles ahead
This line up is really horrible.
There's a few bands I like, but then they get canceled out with VERY mediocre bands like drowning pool and sevendust...
Texas...DAMMIT
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.