Poll Options
View poll results: Which tube amp?
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo, NO PEDALS
9 45%
Peavey Valveking 212 combo WITH 120$ worth of Pedals
11 55%
Voters: 20.
Last edited by GuitarEvan07 at May 13, 2008,
Why don't you just get a laney now, so you don't have to worry about saving up for one later?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
youre in america. laney isnt a wise choice at all. waaaay expensive
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Why don't you just get a laney now, so you don't have to worry about saving up for one later?

Dude, please, dont make me explain. I said not to. There are NO laneys in my area, and I dont want to risk getting one offline without a return policy.
im saying VK. you dont need 120w, you might as well have the cash
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
O, I didn't know you were in the US.
Try out both. Bugeras have good tone (I tried out one), but I don't think anyone has owned one long enough to really see if their reliability stands the test of time.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah I went ahaid and bought the Bugera, so I'm tweaking it now, but I'm deciding if I want to return it and try the VK with some pedals. Then I decide which I like better. So hard to tell in a loud music store.
Talked to my guitar teacher. What would you all think about the VK with a BBE Sonic Stomp in front?
hey whats the BBE sonic maximizer for anyways, never used one or have anyone i know used one before. whats it do and used for?
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
The BBE sonic maximizer kind of unmuddies your sound.
In Fendery amps (like my CBB), it really doesn't help the tone. It kind of makes it worse, brightening it up too much, making it sound processed.
But, it's a godsend in the effects loop of my Peavey Classic 50, and some british voiced amps. Usually you don't run it in front, but in the effects loop. This is useful when you use alot of preamp gain anyways. Putting it in front really doesn't too much.

I'd keep the bugera, but the only thing i'd be weary of is it's reliability. No one has really owned one long enough to see if the reliability is good. But, i've heard of valvekings having problems too. I just hope that you played both amps alot.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator