dont know if theres a better place for this, but ive noticed a few bands using what looked like megaphones to sing through (into a mic) in performances and i was wondering about this. im pretty sure ive seen a live butthole surfers video where the singer did this and ive seen what look like megaphones attached in front of the mic for the pixies and arcade fire. can you do this with any microphone or is there anytihng specific that needs to be done to make it work? thanks
matt bellamy does that in "feeling good" i think. and scott weiland *used to* do it in some VR song or another.

and i think you could just use a regular mic....
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I think you could do it with any mic and megaphone. Theres also a clip from a band called the Dub Pistols where the singer uses one and sings thru a normal mic.
Just do it as normal. However, it's done so often you might want to use something different like a Doctor Who Cyberman voice changer mask.
Quote by mulletman500
Just do it as normal. However, it's done so often you might want to use something different like a Doctor Who Cyberman voice changer mask.

ive actually tried it with a voice changer i got in disney world a while ago. it didnt really work tho
anyways thanks guys
can be good,can be awful.

i like it on methodrone by bjm and they recorded the manager shouting down a megaphone.
now extra flamey
Quote by mulletman500

that is the best idea like EVER!!!
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
matt bellamy does that in "feeling good" i think. and scott weiland *used to* do it in some VR song or another.

and i think you could just use a regular mic....

Judging by the Download 2007 performance, Weiland did it in every VR song he possibly could.
Quote by mulletman500

Good idea. I might start doing gigs with a darth vader helmet on.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Good idea. I might start doing gigs with a darth vader helmet on.

Lightspeed Champion got there first, I'm afraid.

I'm SO getting an Optimus Prime voice-changer helmet for my next gig though.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK