Im looking to get a half stack of some sort, Im saving the money myself and getting jobs here and there, so Im looking for one no more than £450. I play mostly hard rock/metal, think Guns N Roses, Metallica, Megadeth. I'd like to get that crunchy lead sound Slash has on Appetite for Destruction.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
you.
don't.
need.
a.
halfstack.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Well, which amps can get me that sound???

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
maybe save up a bit more for a Peavey 5150 combo?
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
can u post a link please??

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by SilentMoose
Yea!

You need a full stack!!!

Quiet you.

TS: You really don't need a half stack. A good tube combo with mroe than about 30w of power will do you for just about any gig you could want.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-dsl401/283

That should do most of the things you listed for £25 more than your budget and if you want more gain you can just add a decent OD pedal in front of the gain channel to push it into modern high-gain metal territory.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by lazlow325i
you.
don't.
need.
a.
halfstack.

+1

a non-gigging 14yo that needs a halfstack is like a person who buys a ferrari to commute 1 mile to work everyday
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 13, 2008,
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Try out a Laney LC30.

^ NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Try out a Laney LC30.

^ NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN.

holy **** aren't you ryan stiles?????
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
The DSL?

It has its fans, but I am NOT one of them. However, it's a good competitor for what you want. I think two of your best contenders are the Laney LC30 and the DSL401.
The Marshall seems like the best bet so far, Im not too sure about the Laney. Is there any other amps under 450 that would get me the wanted tone?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Not very many. I mean, I personally would actually take the laney over the Marshall, but I know how you would be easily swayed towards the Marshall because of the name.
for the laney, would it be able to cover what I play?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Definitely, it arguably has a nicer clean channel than the Marshall too.
I think that is definatley worth looking into then. I'll pop down to rimmers to try it out on the weekend.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by shredhead22
+1

a non-gigging 14yo that needs a halfstack is like a person who buys a ferrari to commute 1 mile to work everyday

More like buying a ferrari at all. Corvette z06 is cheaper and faster than all ferraris, beside the f40 f50 and the enzo (all of which are half million plus dollar cars.)
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by MrCarrot
Not very many. I mean, I personally would actually take the laney over the Marshall, but I know how you would be easily swayed towards the Marshall because of the name.

haha, excellent avatar. have you been watching all those "whose line is it anyway?" reruns on Dave too?

peavey windsor might be worth a look, with some other cab (framus 2x12? no idea). no cleans worth talking about, but it shouldn't be too far off the slash tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I LOVE Dave. Brilliant channel. Watching Live At The Apollo with Ross Noble and Jack Dee right now, it's brilliant

Anyway, to be back on topic, the Windsor may well be worth a look.
yeah, dave kicks ass. has to be something to do with the name.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is 'dave' specificly for guys, sinse its called dave, shows guy programmes like top gear and ray mears constantly?

Oh yea, laney VC looks good, ooooooor look for second hand amps on ebay, makes sense, like 5150 combo prehaps, or a small mesa if your lucky, never know what bargains come up...
Probably is male-orientated, clue's in the name
i dunno, my sister watches it all the time too...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?