Ill start off by sayin i have a schecter c+1 series and dont have too many complaints about it, but want to improve the sound im hearing out of my amp. i just picked up a crate XT120R and its lightyears ahead of the 15 watt line 6 spider III i was playing on forever, however when in distortion if i dont play any notes there is an excruciatingly annoying feedback like noise and i dont think its common, i have to turn the volume on my guitar off when im not playing, or just turn the amp off completely. i am not happy with the distortion im getting from it either, its fair for some of the stuff i play like protest the hero and less heavy metal but im just not happy with the sound im getting i guess. it has the stock duncan pickups that it came with, and i was wondering about getting some emg's but i dont know if that will take from the variety of music i listen to everything from Emmure to dance gavin dance to the fall of troy... alot of different stuff. i find it hard to have really good sounding pinched harmonics as well is that a distortion, pickup or string gauge issue?

anyways im looking for some more advice as to a good pedal that kinda does it all. i would love to be able to play around with all the different effects like looping and compressing it and all that jazz but i want one that has built in distortion as well, am i searchin for something im not going to find?
Don't play so close to the amp, don't play next to the computer, take your phone out of your pocket. All those things can tweak with the pickups.
A new amp wouldn't be a bad idea...
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
if you get a new pedal, you can play it through clean and not get any feedback
a pedal suggestion
the Boss ME-20
it has all different effects on it
shop around and you can get it for £100
i have it and its amazing and good quality too
If you don't like the amps distortion you're much better off getting a new amp as a pickup swap will make very little difference. EMGs through a solid state amp is a very bad idea as they will just make it break up and sound awful.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
so the pickups i have on there now are more than decent pickups?

what mid sized amp(100-150 watt) would you recommend i look for? i dont want a bulky half stack i have no need for such equipment.
Quote by schecterRJG

what mid sized amp(100-150 watt) would you recommend i look for? i dont want a bulky half stack i have no need for such equipment.

100-150w is definitely as big as they get (not midsize as you said) but it would be nice to know what your budget is.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by schecterRJG
well yeah i know im just saying i dont want a half stack haha

and around 400ish

If you can find an older Peavey tube amp used you'd probably be pretty satisfied, I got an awesome deal on mine, and they generally pop up here and there. Examples are Heritage, Triumph, etc
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Classic 30/50 and a good OD pedal will do EVERYTHING.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Everything short of modern metal. Even if you had the gain it just doesn't have the right voicing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by schecterRJG

yah they are im pretty sure the C-1 series come with JB and Jazz duncans there hella great pups, all you really need is a new amp, new pedal wont be much of an improvement
well for that amount id say look for a used crate v-18 or palomino 15 watter
and buy a boss ME-20
all used of course