Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Do you gig?

What kind of music do you play? Presumably metal, but what kind?

Have you got a cab, or budget for one?
5150, or a 6505. I think their are some mesa in that price range though I can't be bothered to look. It would be nice to know what kind of genre's you're playing, and what kind of cab you have. A dimed jcm 800 and a max gain 5150 are both examples of heavy distortion, but very different sounding and for different genres.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Think metallica- fade to black solo
i do small gigs
i'm gettin a 2x12 avatar cab. its gonna b awesome.
i also need good cleans so 5150 is out of question.
So is cab price in the budget, or is that just for the head?
^ you could get a meal in a nice restaurant for 800 rupees I'd reckon.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^ you could get a meal in a nice restaurant for 800 rupees I'd reckon.
10 quid? That's more like pub food.

I got the reference, but I was alluding to Indian Currency.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Maybe some bombs? Kidding.

Definitely try out a mesa rectifier and see if you like it. I suppose b52 makes head based on they're AT models, I'd look at those. Maybe some kind of randall head. I don't know much for metal amps.
Quote by Doodleface
Carvin Master Tube series.

or a used Carvin V3 head!

i would totally go for the carvin if it wasnt 100w... i need something that can be used for practice too. thats why 30w would be appreciated.
carbin v3 has a 50 watt switch
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
carbin v3 has a 50 watt switch

good point but i dont want it just so i'll never use to 100w. couldnt i get a 30 or 50w for a better value? like sacrificing the wattage for better tone, features, etc?
Quote by weetadsftw
i would totally go for the carvin if it wasnt 100w... i need something that can be used for practice too. thats why 30w would be appreciated.

I believe the MTS is either switchable between 50/100 or 25/50/100 watts. So no worries there. However, I've heard mixed reports about the distortion, some say it's just not good, some say it's just not very heavy, doing like classic metal at best.

Edit: Jesus christ, can you guys think for yourself? I bet a couple of you will suggest something other than a B-52 AT, a Valveking, or a 5150/6505 combo. I mean honestly, that's all GG&A is these days.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at May 13, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover
I believe the MTS is either switchable between 50/100 or 25/50/100 watts. So no worries there. However, I've heard mixed reports about the distortion, some say it's just not good, some say it's just not very heavy, doing like classic metal at best.

Edit: Jesus christ, can you guys think for yourself? I bet a couple of you will suggest something other than a B-52 AT, a Valveking, or a 5150/6505 combo. I mean honestly, that's all GG&A is these days.

its 50/100
do you recommend the mts series or v3? i'm actually thinkin about carvins now.
Quote by weetadsftw
its 50/100
do you recommend the mts series or v3? i'm actually thinkin about carvins now.

I haven't played either, but I have done extensive research. V3 is generally gonna be all around better than MTS, the telltale sign is that they charge much more for V3s. Plus it has heavier distortion.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Oh and, you can also check for a Orange Tiny Terror, about 550-600$ 15 watts I think.
Quote by metalgirl0
Oh and, you can also check for a Orange Tiny Terror, about 550-600$ 15 watts I think.

Tiny Terror is a great amp and everything for where it's at, but the Carvins we've been looking at would definitely beat it. The TT is a great middle-end amp, but the V3 is like studio quality.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by weetadsftw
sweet. is there any way to play it before i buy?

Mmm. That'll be tough unless you live in California, considering I think there are VERY few Carvin dealers if any. So you should be as sure as possible before buying the amp that it's what you want.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Mmm. That'll be tough unless you live in California, considering I think there are VERY few Carvin dealers if any. So you should be as sure as possible before buying the amp that it's what you want.

k thanks dude
sonic...u have been of great help.
Well, Carvin has a 10 day return policy thing. You can try it out and if you dont like it you can return it within 10 days of purchase. Thats what I've heard at least. You still have to pay shipping though. And I guess if youre going used it doesnt apply
Quote by Kevin Saale
5150, or a 6505. I think their are some mesa in that price range though I can't be bothered to look. It would be nice to know what kind of genre's you're playing, and what kind of cab you have. A dimed jcm 800 and a max gain 5150 are both examples of heavy distortion, but very different sounding and for different genres.

he said nothing over 50w. those are like 120w.