Page 1 of 2
Hi
In the recent news about Nick Grundy i was thinking how cool it would be if all of UG played the same song at the exact same time as like a way of giving him support/remembering him. Obviously we can do it before he dies to say goodbye to him or we could do it after he died to remember and celebrate his life.

Now I never knew him so all I know about him is what he wrote in his profile (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Grundy0/).

What I'd like to be discussed is what song should we do for him. If anyone knows his favourite song then we'll do that but it looks like grundyo's not coming back online to tell us. It looks like he was into classic rock,he was a top gear fan and he was a gamer.

So far i've come up with boys are back in town, stairway to Heaven and the top gear theme. Magnus_Maximus came up with comfortably numb and bannanaman suggested that we make pacman noises for a minute.

What other songs would you guys suggest?

Discuss...

and please no flaming
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by rockdan101
Hi
In the recent news about Nick Grundy i was thinking how cool it would be if all of UG played the same song at the exact same time as like a way of giving him support/remembering him. Obviously we can do it before he dies to say goodbye to him or we could do it after he died to remember and celebrate his life.

Now I never knew him so all I know about him is what he wrote in his profile (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Grundy0/).

What I'd like to be discussed is what song should we do for him. If anyone knows his favourite song then we'll do that but it looks like grundyo's not coming back online to tell us. It looks like he was into classic rock,he was a top gear fan and he was a gamer.

So far i've come up with boys are back in town, stairway to Heaven and the top gear theme. Magnus_Maximus came up with comfortably numb and bannanaman suggested that we make pacman noises for a minute.

What other songs would you guys suggest?

Discuss...

and please no flaming

This is a key sentence. I don't want to get involved, that's all I can say. And i'm not trying to be offensive at all here so I'm sorry if it looks that way.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by rockdan101

Forgot my contribution of 'One Love' by Bob Marley.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Across The Universe - The Beatles

It's the most beautiful song your ears will ever hear, it's only fitting
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at May 13, 2008,
I think Freebird would be appropriate, cliched maybe yet meningful. And throw in some Habbo references to it for variety
We really shouldn't be talking about this before he dies... it only makes it seem more imposing that he's gonna die.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Gaming noises = Dragonforce.

Though they suck, it would seriously be cool if we could do that.

But seriously...

"Live and Let Die" by Guns N Roses. Fits perfectly.

BUT HE STILL AINT DEAD.
Good idea, but as long as it is all about in remembrance of Nick, not just trying to get a sense of achievement but getting a couple of pit monkeys to play a song at the same time
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

+1 to Freebird
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by kidsilcon
This is a key sentence. I don't want to get involved, that's all I can say. And i'm not trying to be offensive at all here so I'm sorry if it looks that way.

I noticed that too.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Three Little Birds - Bob Marley

Redemption Song - Bob Marley
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by PlayMadness
We really shouldn't be talking about this before he dies... it only makes it seem more imposing that he's gonna die.

Yeah eh, christ this thread seems rude.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
w8 wat if he mysteriously gets better...eveyones gone into grundy overdrive at the moment.

seriously let him live his life in dignity.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

Quote by BigFannyFart
Hmmmm....

This:

win!
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
I think Freebird would be a good song, but come on. You never know what is going to happen. I had a family member with the same thing and she lived another three years.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I think this is extremely disrespectful... While sure you have good intentions, no one knows whether or not he is actually going to pass away, and even so talking about it while he is still able to read it... It's just not right in my opinion.
I agree with the others who objected.
Quote by ECwomantoneman
I think Freebird would be appropriate, cliched maybe yet meningful. And throw in some Habbo references to it for variety

Stole my song >.>
But yeah, I thought Freebird aswell maybe.
Irony FTW.

Quote by The Dance Hat
Technology is completely unnecessary and complicates life.

The Gear

Ibanez XPT 700
Laney Hardcore MXD 30
^
+1

but
we could also do

No One but You(Only the Good Die Young)-Queen

an good song i think that fits
A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth would be great.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
please lets do an easy song so everyone can participate, a nice idea would be a thread where everyone postes a picture of a candle or some little tribute.
Queen- No One But You (Only The Good Die Young)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5r3R_P-nM4

It is a bitter coincidence that its the song I was listening to when I opened his thread.

But he's not gone yet. Let's hope he stays strong til the end.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
first of all, by doing this were giving him and showing our support
to be honest if i was going to die, it would cheer me up to know that loads of people are playing guitar for me

also the reason im doing this is because i read his story and was very moved
also i want to thank him for the valuable advice he gave me as im at a point in life where im very lost and confused about everything

as far as song ideas go keep them coming but heres another idea, how about we all make pacman noises for 10 seconds follewed by a song of our choice that we feel appropiate followed by more pacman noises

btw if your reading this Grundy and you dont approve of what im doing then ill happily end the thread
Gear
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head

OPETH FTW
I don't know about other UGers, but I'm not very good at expressing myself with words. I'm better at expressing it through music.
Also, Not many of us knew him that well so we can't really say much.

As a result of these two issues, maybe we should do an instrumental or an instrumental version of a song?

That may be a bad idea but I'm just throwing it out there.
how?
Gear
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head

OPETH FTW
Quote by magnus_maximus
Uh, this is becoming a meme...

Keep your 4chaneese mememomomama language out please.
I'm in for stairway, or a video game song since he said he always went to the gaming thread.
how bout the mario theme?
Gear
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head

OPETH FTW
life by the drop by SRV
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Page 1 of 2